1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Asus ROG Vulcan Pro review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 18 Jan 2013.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

In the future can you please include in a spec sheet of the headphone. I really want to see some specs on hz <> khz, db/m, drive size etc.

3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

If i remember rightly, the Vulcan needed a battery for the ANC, does the pro need a battery too?

4. hugo60

hugo60 What's a Dremel?

I have the original Vulcan following advice from Bit-Tech and I love it. It took me a while to get used to not being able to hear myself properly when talking on skype etc. after owning a Razer Carcharias, but the sound quality and comfort are awesome.

5. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

They hardly ever have accurate measurements of the consumer headphones, and headphone response doesn't really work the same as speaker response.

If these sort of things matter to you then you should probably just avoid these gamer headset things.

6. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

I bought the vulcans on recommendation from bit-tech and the mic quality is terrible. Anyone in voice chat lobbies with me can hear an echo, and no 'listen to this device' is not on.

Not really impressed.... Sound quality and ANC is pretty good, but I would've liked a better review on this considering my Steelseries 4H headset is just as good.

7. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Is the quality on the mic terrible? Or just that people you are talking to can hear themselves? The latter could be your sound card - I have this issue with my sound card. Also you have to remember sound is unfortunately subjective.

8. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

The mic quality is fine, it just picks up on the voices of whomever is on voice chat with me, but not the ambient noise of the game we're playing (which is often the same volume). As I say, I don't get this issue with my cheap headset. I've also had soundcards in the past where the line in was so quiet I had to use the line in on my motherboard instead.

Drives everyone else mad, doesn't bother me a great deal (apart from their whining).

9. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Mine only does it with one pair of headphones - note headphones not headset. That's why I suggested it might be the card. Hell I've even had my PC pick up from the air and transmit a foreign radio station down teamspeak which I couldn't hear. Had to do a mic test to actually hear it!

Yea my soundcard is weird....

10. LightningPete

LightningPete Diagnosis: ARMAII-Holic

I prefer the normal audio jack inputs like the original vulcan. USB variatns tend to break easier if you accidently stand on the cable or get up and move too far from your computer, whereas the jacks normally just pull out without damage. That aside seems like a re-release to bring the price back up again as the original has fallen somewhat. Get the original vulcan in my opinion as its exactly the same and the sound you get will still be the best in a gaming envrionment together with its comfort etc.

Tags: Add Tags