1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Asus ships Transformer hybrid tablet

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 29 Mar 2011.

1. Magnesus

Magnesus What's a Dremel?

It's very hard to find LCD that has even backlight. I wouldn't expect any to be perfectly uniform (maybe besides those pricey monitors for graphic artists).

2. Fifer

Fifer What's a Dremel?

I received the invoice and payment instructions about 48hrs after emailing. I paid by electronic transfer on Friday evening but haven't received any receipt or acknowledgement. Has anyone had any confirmation since paying?

3. gpearson1968

gpearson1968 What's a Dremel?

4. Magnesus

Asus Polska (Poland) said that the bootloader won't be unlocked. Why? Why close the doors for fans on making their own improvements? If it's so - I won't buy Tranformer, probably will try Xoom or something else. Very dissapointing.

5. topcat098

topcat098 What's a Dremel?

I've had my eee Pad a few days and am very pleased with it (applied for K/B upgrade - response in 24 hrs, no response since I paid, but that is no problem).
    My only issue is the lack of documentation that comes with it. Even the User Manual I've downloaded does not have much information. The problem I guess is that I want to do things but know nothing about Android / Honeycomb. What source of information do people recommend? I know I can post questions but I'd rather read up first.

6. amoruso3

amoruso3 What's a Dremel?

ok this is a silly question, but do i need to purchase a seperate internet connection or pay a monthly fee to be hooked up to the wifi/hotspot? i have wifi at my home and office. will it connect to that?

7. Magnesus

Yes.

8. Mitcian

Mitcian What's a Dremel?

Anyone got any new/recent insider info re: stock in the UK?
    Really want to get hold of one and ebuyer has just pushed delivery date from 19th May to 1st June as with Amazon.

I'm considering checking out highstreet stores if they have any in stock + dock.

9. digital

digital What's a Dremel?

Have a look at Laskys. I've just ordered one from them and it's down for (free) delivery on 2 June.

It's £429.99 but if you access Laskys through TopCashBack there's a special voucher for 2.5% discount this weekend on top of the 'usual' TopCashBack commission of 3.53%, producing a £25.55 discount. If you're not a TopCashBack member, please consider registering using this (referral) link: http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/digital

Possibly a daft question, but does the Transformer come with the microSD card slot empty, ie the 16/32GB is internal and not on a microSD card?

Last edited: 30 May 2011
Tags: Add Tags