1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Asus X50SL laptop problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by tj010480, 20 Jun 2011.

1. tj010480

tj010480 What's a Dremel?

Hi guys i'm having trouble fixing one of my friends laptops would be very grateful if someone could help me out, thanks in advance....

Laptop - Asus X50SL

Initially, the laptop was unable to boot. After the loading splash for Windows Vista, a BSOD would appear for a split second then the system would reboot. After disabling restarts after a system failure, the BSOD message being shown was:

STOP: C000021a {Fatal system Error}
    The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0xc0000001 0x001004e0). The system has been shut down.

In order to bypass this issue, I booted the laptop using Puppy Linux via a USB stick, in an attempt to recover data. On the first two attempts to transfer data onto an external hard drive, the system froze. On reattempt, the system froze again, seemingly at the exact same point as the initial attempt.

After this, the laptop began to freeze much more regularly. I was unable to browse files or folders after a shorter and shorter time. Eventually, the laptop would freeze at the Asus splash screen, and the laptop is now effectively inoperable.

2. Crossing

Crossing What's a Dremel?

I've never scene something like this. Tech Support?

3. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Have you tried booting the laptop without the HDD installed?

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Sounds like it's either overheating or had a progressive issue. Maybe memory because of the BSOD errors above.

How long have you had it and can you try other SO-DIMMs?