1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Asus X99 Deluxe - how to make fans go shhhh...?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Buzzons, 25 Jan 2016.

1. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

All,

I've just put my new build together (Asus x99 deluxe, intel 5960x, bequiet 600 case) and I'm trying to get the fans to all be nice and quiet when the system is at idle.

However I have no idea how the qfan stuff in the bios works -- any help would be greatly appreciated

(mods feel free to merge this and http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?p=3985241 if it's too much of a duplicate)

Also... I tried to OC it a bit (base clock 100, multiplier 45, voltage at auto, XMP set on RAM) - it seems mostly stable.. is there anything else I need to do?

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Dont use QFan, use AISuite III in the OS. It will have fan training and the option of turning them off entirely below at certain temp.
    I'm not sure if you can use Corsair Link with AISuite III, but AI will offer more options.

3. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

How do I turn off qfan stuff in the bios then (what should it be set to?)

thanks for the quick reply!

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Should be a disable option. Either way, once it hits windows the software should overrule whatever setting.

5. Deders

Deders Modder

Doesn't the Qfan in the bios also have training? It does on the z170 range.

Edit, just noticed your other thread. Using AI Suite will override your bios settings and make fan sensors unavailable to other programs like corsair link.

Last edited: 27 Jan 2016
  6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

X99 was a generation behind Z170 unfortunately. Each gen gets a new development of software features that's enabled by advancements in the core hardware.

X99 refresh for Broadwell-E should have Z170 or greater features.

7. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

So i've installed the Corsair Link software - seems to work ok I think.

Got the fans connected to the pump, and pump connected to CPU fan out on mobo - still not sure what I should do in the BIOS to turn off / edit the fan control stuff to make the fans act like I'd expect though (slow and quiet not under load, loud and annoying under load)