1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Asus Xonar DX Issues

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by TeenGeek, 27 Aug 2012.

1. TeenGeek

TeenGeek Worst touch typing ever.

Built a computer a few days back, you may have seen my other posts on computer issues... being a 16 year old, i realize, after having built my first computer that i really don't know a whole lot when it comes to fixing a broken computer (although i have had some success with computer fixing, for others.) Anyway, I'm back with another issue. When I try to install the drivers for my sound card (Asus Xonar DX) when everything is finished installing, a notification comes up saying that the soundcard is not receiving enough power. i have checked the floppy power cable from my power supply (a 1050W seasonic) and made sure that it is connected securely, and yet the notification pops up every time i install them. I'm not sure if this is the cause of the main issue, but the main thing is that when i plug in a pair of earbuds to test the sound card, no sound comes out, i'm not sure if there is something i need to configure, or if i need to use a set of real speakers or something, but any help would be amazing! (i have been using the HDMI 1.4 out the graphics card, to an LCD TV, because we are in the middle of a move, so i don't want to take out speakers and then have to put them away again when i move the computer in a few days. I disabled the HDMI sound, trying to get the soundcard working, and can't get the HDMI sound back.) Also, the sound card is seen in the device manager.:grr::grr::grr:

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Maybe the power plug is broken. Try a different floppy connector, also try a different power cable from your Power Supply.

3. TeenGeek

alright, i will, thanks, i am pretty sure that the molex cable is fine, at least, because i was running some fans off of it before... any advice on getting sound through HDMI again?

4. GoodBytes

1- Install the Nvidia Graphic card drivers.
    2- See Windows Sound Panel (Start > type: Sound > Select: Sound). Set the HDMI to default device.

5. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Just throwing it out there. Could there not be enough power on the PCI end of things? Althogh I suppose the molex power is meant to make up for that.

6. mikemaher205

mikemaher205 What's a Dremel?

I had issues with an ASUS sound card, not like this but caused fatal system damage which resulted in system restore being called into action.

My solution was to hop onto the ASUS website and download the updated and more current driver/software suite. Maybe try that as well if you haven't already. Quick, cheap and easy enough.

Been tinkering with my system and most of the time it's driver/software at fault. But that's just my opinion so please don't take it as gospel...

7. TeenGeek

@goodbytes, i did that, but on the sound panel, it has about 8 HDMI sound options, and says that none of them are plugged in... i already installed the latest nvidia drivers, should i reinstall them?
    @mike, thanks for the advice, i downloaded the AI suite, if that is what you were talking about, but i will try getting the drivers again

8. TeenGeek

and, @ ferret, i dont really think it would be a PCI power issue, because all that i have plugged in are 2 670s, and the soundcard, which, as far as i know isn't a huge amount of power for the PCI lanes to deal with

9. TeenGeek

alright, so... got the soundcard working... a new driver came out a little while ago, and used that after changing the floppy connector :) so thatnks for all the great ideas!

Now, as for the HDMI sound issue... it still is registering as not plugged in, even after multiple unplugging, replugging, and power cycling of both the TV, and the Computer, and re-installing the latest NVidia drivers... so i dont know, i guess i'm outta luck, and should just get some speakers out?

10. GoodBytes

It could be your video player that has the source set to come out form your onboard or Xonar instead of your Graphic card (Realtek), I would look for that. Try Windows Media Player 12.

TeenGeek likes this.
  11. TeenGeek

where would i find the realtek driver? i googled realtek, but their website wasnt much help to me...

12. TeenGeek

also, i forgot to put the newest firmware onto my SSD, so i made a backup on my 3TB drive, and was wondering how hard it would be to recover windows off of that drive?

13. GoodBytes

They are here:
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/

However, they should be coming with Nvidia setup. I wonder.. maybe the Nvidia graphic card drivers isn't detecting things properly. When you run the graphic card drivers, Click on Advance (or Customize.. I forgot.. anyway they are 2 options, and its not the Express one :) ). You'll get to a screen, where you get to pick what you want to install from the drivers. Make sure the sound card is checked.. feel free to remove the 3D surround stuff if you don't have it. Also, check the box to do a clean install (a restart of your computer may be required).

14. TeenGeek

yeah, i was watching when i chose the express setup, and i saw it say that it was installing the sound drivers, and at the end there was a checkmark by the sound driver portion. ill try that, thanks!

15. TeenGeek

Alright, so, i tried the realtek drivers, and it shows up in the device manager just fine, with the sudio logo next to it (both realtek, and nvidia HD sound) but it shows up as unplugged in the sound device changer window thing... should i just change the cable, and input, or something? i had it working fine a couple days ago