1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus Xtreme Global Summit Competition Week 4 Winners

Discussion in 'ASUS' started by Sifter3000, 21 Aug 2009.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

Jeans and t-shirt will be fine.

Time wise, I'm not sure what's happening with the room before 1pm so you might need to amuse yourself for a bit if you're getting in at 11...

2. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

The only thing i'd have some trouble writing about is the "mystery" board, as a lynnfield and special DDR3 kit together will just be too much for me to dip right into. On the other hand... i'll find a way i suppose. :D

3. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

Il probably go to YOYOtech, and spend rest of time looking round British Museum

4. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Your wish is sadly denied!

It's looking like I'll be wearing my Flock tshirt as it's the geekiest one I have.

5. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

My train is arriving at St Pancras for 12:14 so I've got a nice dash to the hotel. Although shouldn't take too long.. just got to take tube to Oxford Circus and change for northern line to TCR. Fun.

As for the drinks.. I'll be there (as I sort of suggested it) but I'll be limiting myself due to low funds and having to get to South London for 9pm.

I hope I don't end up winning a motherboard that means me having to spend ££££s on new kit to make it work. Video card would be better! <hint hint> :thumb:

6. crash32953295@msn.

crash32953295@msn. What's a Dremel?

I can imagine the writeup on the Graphics card being rather short with what you can actually include, where as the motherboard you can rate it on so many more levels, Just read through all the compo threads and I agree with the guy asking for them to make that marine prototype,

I remember looking at it and my jaw dropping at its sheer awesesomeness.

And the only reason I get into London early is so im not late, if im there really early I will just go to my works head office in regents street and anoy my colleuges. :p

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

im just going to drop out of the blogging thing if i get the AMD motherboard, sorry, i am not prepared to spend ££££ for stuff i don't plan to use.
    Intel p55 motherboard, however, it will be what i use for the next 2 years.
    and either graphics card will mean selling my 260.

taking 11:34 train from Luton, arriving at St Pancras 12:08. is anyone else arriving at St Pancras at similar time want to go to hang out at yoyotech for a while?
    (i need to buy an external DVD drive there)

my train to leave is at 7:30pm, how long do you think it'd take to get from the hotel to Paddington?

8. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Pending Asus's flexibility on the prize front, I'm sure we could work it all out. I'd put the AMD motherboard at the top of my list personally.

I'm getting in to St Pancras at around that time, 12:10 I seem to recall

EDIT: Actually probably 12:14, as I suspect I'm catching the same train as fibblesan

9. wyx087

Mister-Tad, would you like to do a swap if i get AMD board? i have zero use for it.

10. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

We'll see on the day. Don't want piss anyone off, it is free stuff after all ;)

11. wyx087

of course, beggars can't be choosers.

my prefered list would be: p55 mobo, 275, 4890 and AMD mobo. to be honest i really don't want to end up with 4890 as it'd mean a full re-install of my windows just to fully test it. and im sorry, AMD mobo will not be used at all.

so who's going to be in yoyotech at around 12:30?

12. bradders2125

bradders2125 What's a Dremel?

I'm still tryin to sort my tickets out. I think I know the route I'm going to take, just can't get it to come up on websites because there is apparently quicker routes with more changes.

13. crash32953295@msn.

crash32953295@msn. What's a Dremel?

If I can find YoYo tech I will be in their would be interesting as not been in there before

14. Sifter3000

We'll do our best to make sure everyone is happy with the prize they get. I've got games as well for you all so it should be good:)

YoYoTech is pretty close by - it's off Tottenham Court Road, here.

Also, just spoke to Asus, I think it will be all Nvidia GFX cards as they're having trouble getting stock of the ATI ones - the prizes arrive tomorrow so I'll see then.

15. Sifter3000

Oooh, cool, just got the heads up about who's going to be coming - quite a few of the RoG team - so if you've got any questions about Asus and its designs, it'll be a good place to ask them :)

16. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

Cool, sounds like its going to be a blast. Il be at yoyotech, look out for young, small, dark haired northerner who looks out of place. Any of you guys easily reconcilable?

17. Rocket_Knight64

Rocket_Knight64 Minimodder

Thinking if it would be prudent to dig out the ol' Half Life 1 collectors shirt. :rock:

Having a P45 based rig, the 4890 would be my top pick. Or the 'mystery' board would be nice if you could manage to get some charitable donations of a LGA1156 CPU and RAM :p. But I'm happy to just get anything at all. lol

18. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

See if i can fond my half life 2 shirt :) Im with you on prizes, anything i get is a massive bonus!

19. wyx087

im probably most recognisable: short chinese dude, probably going to be the only asian in this event.

it's a shame, my BFG t-shirt is at my parents :( don't have any other geeky shirts unfortunately.

20. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Oi, BFG is a competitor, i don't think they'll be very happy with you waving enemy flags at their press event :nono:

What is this yoyotech place then? I'm going to be in London early (bus arrives at 9 AM or so, so i'll be glad to meet up anywhere :)
    You can easily recognise me: tall white dude with brown curls and sleepy expression from the all-night busride :p

I'm not sure i have any geeky outfits to be honest, and i don't even have glasses, so i could almost pass for a normal person. Too bad the effect wears off as soon as i start talking :D

And for all the possibilities of prizes i have accomodation. A 4890 could be dropped in right next to my 4870, a P55 would become the base of my new main rig, and a 785GX would become my first meddling into the wonderful world of the HTPC. Maybe the GTX275 would be a bit odd, as my 4870 would have to make room, but it will still be used and appreceated :D

Last edited: 26 Aug 2009