1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics ATI and switching displays

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by friskies, 12 May 2010.

1. friskies

friskies What's a Dremel?

Hi! I`ve been using Nvidia graphics cards for the last few years, but my last purchase was a ATI 5850 for obvious reasons. Works great, except for ONE thing: Using my TV instead of my monitor. There doesn`t seem to be an easy way of switching between the two without going into the control panel, enabling the TV and disabling the monitor, and when switching back, my monitor has the resolution of the TV? Am i the only one who finds this unnessecessary and old fashioned? Makes me not want to watch the occasional movie, because i know they could make this very easy for everyone if they really wanted. Any thoughts?

Display switching guide!

Nvidia: Right click Nvidia icon, select the display you want.

ATI: Right click desktop, select catalyst control center, choose desktops & displays, right click the secondary display, select duplicate, confirm, right click primary display, select disable, confirm. When switching back, repeat. As an added bonus your primary display will have the secondary displays resolution when switching back(?!?)

Last edited: 13 May 2010
  2. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

setup hotkey profiles - its how i switch from eyefinity to normal mode quickly

3. Matarsak

Matarsak What's a Dremel?

Under Windows 7 the Windows Key + P lets you switch between display modes.

4. friskies

friskies What's a Dremel?

The windows key + p works for laptops only, if i select "computer only" i get 2 black screens and it can`t even find my TV. But making profiles worked!