1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News ATI releases Catalyst 10.6

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 18 Jun 2010.

1. general22

general22 What's a Dremel?

I can confirm some GPU offload improvements with these drivers, I don't know about any performance loss or gain in games.

2. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Haven't noticed any performance loss or gain. The boss battle at the end of Crysis (reckoning level) was very laggy (kept crashing and locking up, even if I selected lowest graphical settings), although I Googled it and it seems this issue has been around for a while so probably is nothing to do with these drivers.

3. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Tristanperry> I had that problem on the last level, turned out it was a memory leak, don't know how to fix it. (I was not running 10.6 when it happened)

4. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Stewb> Ah okay, thanks :) Yep, it does seem to be a Crysis-specific problem with a memory leak and not the new drivers.

5. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Turns out my laptop's running version 8.6.

Maybe I should update...

6. Tanacel

Tanacel What's a Dremel?

I do wish the package would just install under win7 64 - everytime i have to jump through a million hoops to try to get the stupid thing to install....

7. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades Dreamer

@RedSnake77 - Disabling Catalyst A.I. generally disables CrossFireX so is that might explain why the flickering appeared 'fixed' in Red Faction Guerrilla... no?

The fix I've been using for the past few months was to set the compatibility for the RFG.exe file to Windows XP SP3 and that allowed me to use CrossFireX and get rid of the flickering. The game still ran in DX10 too with god rays, etc. I reported this bug and the workaround to ATI over a month ago and would like to think that it is how it has been fixed in the 10.6 drivers as the compatibility setting is no longer needed.

I'm not getting any jerky movement in the vehicles either but the game DID used to run that way when I only had the one HD 5870 with the earlier drivers. I haven't check to see if that has been fixed in 10.6 though.

8. czm

czm What's a Dremel?

Gunna check these out

9. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Right, problem for you guys. I've got a 4870 512MB (only one).

I got 10.6 the other day, all well & good, except in BC2, the first spawn in each round, it ticks down, I select a spawn point, once it's ticked down I press Ready to spawn on selected spawn point, and the game freezes for ~2 seconds, then unfreezes, then doesn't spawn me. I have to click all the other spawn points (squad members) and hope that I can spawn before ~20 seconds in.

Odd problem, I know, but I'm sure it's these 10.6 drivers (map loading is so much faster now btw).

Tags: Add Tags