1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics ATI Remote Wonder without an ATI card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RedBuddies, 28 Jan 2006.

1. RedBuddies

RedBuddies What's a Dremel?

Hi,
    My father just bought himself an ATI All-In-Wonder graphic card with the Remote Wonder system. I was wondering if it was possible to hook the remote system onto another computer that doesn't have an ATI graphic card.
    I have another ATI card but it isin't an All-In-Wonder and I don't want to use it as my primary graphic card as it is just a poor Rage II :/.

2. Hybr1d

Hybr1d Bаnned

ATI Remote Wonder without an ATI card.

That's like having a penis without being a man!

3. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I think one can assume from Hybr1ds remark that it is not possible, or if it is, it doesn't work all that effectively.

However, I don't see any reason why an IR Blaster/Reciever combination couldn't work, or bluetooth control of a computer couldn't work. If you're just wanting to do basic control functions, it should be possible to manage it if you use the remote, along with 3rd part remote software :)

4. Hybr1d

Hybr1d Bаnned

Never seen Jerry Springer?

Last edited: 29 Jan 2006
  5. star882

star882 What's a Dremel?

It should work. The receiver is separate from the video card.

6. Malvolio

Malvolio .

I honestly don't know what any of you are smoking, but I can confirm that it will work 100% no problem what so ever with every generation of remote wonder ever made and bundled with every AIW ever made (unless you've got a special cable that connects DIRECTLY to the card, it will work as I've stated).

Install the RW software off the ATI site, plug in the receiver, and you're set :thumb:

7. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

I just bought an ATI TV tuner and it came with an ATI Remote Wonder Plus. The devices are all in the same box, but the remote is packaged separately with separate instructions that suggest that it can be sold separately.

Actually, I'm going to go ahead and install it in my laptop to test this theory out for ya.

8. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

I can confirm, the ATI remotes work without any additional hardware to be installed. Since my last post, I have installed it and used it to control winamp, WMP and mplayerc.

9. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

It works perfectly. I've been doing it for about a year and a half. With a couple different nVidia cards at that.

I should note that the 2.5.0.0 drivers seemed to work best for me though. It may or may not make a difference for you... and I think that was when I was messing around to covert it to an MCE remote. I don't think they're available for download anymore anyways.

Last edited: 29 Jan 2006
  10. RedBuddies

RedBuddies What's a Dremel?

Thanks everyone for your replies :)

Tags: