1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Audio file on web - How to do it?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Coolone, 16 Aug 2009.

1. Coolone

Coolone Minimodder

Audio file on Web

I have an .wav audio file that I have recorded.

And now I would like to make a web site where people could listen to the file.

How could do this?

It would also be nice with an scroll bar like in Media Player, so people could scroll through the audio file.

Thanks Coolone

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

You can't just like that.
    If you do, the visitors will be able to download it like you do for any files you want to download, unless they have some plug-ins like Windows Media Player or QuickTime plug-in where it will open with it, in the web browser, but outside your website.

The only solution is to embedded a plug-in to read the file, so yea the user would need the plug-in to listen to it. Popular plug-ins are Windows Media Player plug-in, QuickTime, and Flash.
    Personally, I recommend to program a player with Flash, as everyone has that on all platform, and then embedded the Flash item in the web browser (like YouTube).

Each plug-in has a special way to embedded itself, read the documentation of each.

3. Coolone

Coolone Minimodder

Thanks GoodBytes!

Nice answer!

Yes FLASH also I think will be good. Also I would not like that they get my file ever if they could record there owe speakers it's not the same as getting the file from me.

Maybe you know at good program to make an flask menu to play in the browser?

And a free program to convert my .wav file to flash?

Coolone