1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 26 Feb 2011.

1. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan New Member

2. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan New Member

3. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan New Member

4. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan New Member

5. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

6. Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos I Will Snipe You!

I didnt bother reading this review - because Auzentech havent fixed their UK distribution. Ive spoke to many e-tailers and retailers when my creative fatality titanium pro died and most of them dont stock Auzentech, and even the ones that do have been long out of stock and are not expecting any in.

however retailers in GERMANY (& most possibly the U.S) dont seem to have any issues getting stock. one shop in germany i looked at had about 30+ units of pretty much each Auzentech card. how the hell does that work????

Some guy i spoke to said that creative gave Auzentech a bollocking & possibly threatend them with court action because they were stealing too much of Creatives market share. but who knows.

All i know is i cant get an Auzentech card in unless i import it from outside the UK.

Until Auzentech sort this out. reviews like this are half pointless. But its great they sent you a sample to review. I just wish they would send more then just ONE because there are millions of people here in the UK that WOULD LIKE to buy their soundcards. if i could get their cards, I wouldnt of gone with my Xonar STX. im not saying that the STX is a bad card. Driver support is appaling and for a long time I had issues with older titles with their DS3D-GX engine which has now been fixed with XONAR Unified (by carvedInside??)

7. feathers

I bought my Meridian 2g from pixmania last December I believe but it looks like they're in short supply now.

Similar situation with EVGA. I have an EVGA Cheesecake 657 motherboard. At the time I bought it more than a year ago it was only available from a few UK retailers. I don't think that situation has changed.

8. feathers

P. S. Does anyone think it strange that bit-tech comments are listed with the oldest first and most recent last? That's pretty much the reverse of every other website out there. It's confusing and means I have to go the "next" page to read most recent comment.

Why?

9. feathers

P. S.

This is my first Auzentech purchase but I'm really happy with it.

10. feathers

P. P. S.

My comment about the comment system is dumb and I wish to retract my statement. Problem is bit tech doesn't allow me to edit/delete statements so now everyone can see just how dumb I am.

11. knuck

knuck Hate your face

rofl. You're not the only one. Look at obiwan :hehe:

12. feathers

Ahhh yes, Obiwan. I don't feel so alone now.

13. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

P. P. P. S.

You could have gone to the forum and edited your comment... :p

14. feathers

I did not realise :)

I will try that next time.

15. Byron C

Byron C Probably isn't Hitler, but definitely a muppet

No standard PC sound card can come close to what an amateur musician or music producer would need. Not even these "high-end" 7.1 channel sound cards. Mentioning the TRS jack add-on board in the review is a bit of a misnomer; even if you only want to record yourself playing guitar, and no other instruments, get some real pro-audio kit. Such as a proper audio interface designed to accept line-level input and designed to be used for recording instruments. You can get 1 or 2 channel audio interfaces cheaper than what you'll pay for this card, and they will serve you far better.

A few years ago, I looked into multi-channel recording, to record local unsigned bands as they played live at a small club. To start off with, I simply recorded the stereo mix coming out of the mixing desk. I wanted to record each channel coming into the mixer separately, so looked into the hardware. The main mixing desk is set up for a live performance, which does not always work well when played back as a recording: drums don't need much amplification in a small club, so if you're only recording the stereo mix from the desk the drums end up really quiet. Some of the bands we regularly featured were using 10-12 channels on the mixer, so I needed at least 10 channels of simultaneous input. You'll never find that capability in a "normal" PC sound card, not even if you pay over £150.

Last edited: 4 Mar 2011
Tags: Add Tags