1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Avatar Trailer - 1080p

Discussion in 'General' started by thefriscokid, 20 Aug 2009.

1. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

2. Akava

Akava Lurking...

3. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

Bloody hell that's almost difficult to tell the humans are CGI or not at the start of it. Looks nice overall.

4. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

I'm not one to over use this, so here it goes.

O. M. F. G.

This looks awesome! :D

I heard it was going to look fantastic from the stuff coming out of ComiCon, but this is just to epic for words...

I just hope the story line can back up the visuals, and we don't end up with another prequel trilogy.

5. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I can't wait... this is going to be epic.

6. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

If I watch this, will it ruin a story for me, or does this film not really have a story?

7. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

Um, war, eurgh, marine/solider in wheelchair, some sort of alien in a tube, marine in tube, marine now in alien?!, marine meets cute naked female alien, falls in love, fights break out, humans invade, aliens fightback.

That's what I got.

8. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Just watched it... How odd...

I bet the 3D version is just like every other 3D film though; blurry, and irritating to watch because of the **** glasses.

9. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

I definitely want to see this on release. It looks very cool!

10. roblikesbeer

roblikesbeer Bindi's sex slave.

"Photorealistic CGI" my arse!

OK, the machines and scenery is good but the humans and aliens look like a bunch of pixels.

Still, the film looks fun in a dumb action blockbuster kind of way and I'll try and see it in 3D if I can.

azrael- likes this.
  11. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

QFT

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Actually, from what I can gather it's Dances With Wolves set in space (Dances With Aliens?).

Humans colonise Earth-like planet. Bountiful ecology, but slight snag: the indigenous aliens. Humans clone alien, marine in wheelchair is downloaded in clone (probably with the carrot of being able to walk again), so he can infiltrate the indigenous tribe and find out what makes them tick. Human marines then kill tribe and take over planet.

Another slight snag: human befriends noble aliens and takes their side. Battle ensues, noble aliens win (possibly Marine-alien brokers peace and understanding all around).

13. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Just watched the trailer again. As far as I can tell the humans by and large are real (as in: not CGI). The landscapes, machinery etc. look top notch. The aliens not so much. Actually, the main character (as an alien) looks eerily like Will Smith.

As for the story, I bet it's pretty much as Nexxo describes it. However, it's been said and it's also implied in the trailer, that our hero inhabits the body of an alien by telepresence.

14. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

15. GreatOldOne

Ok - still interested, but I hope it doesn't turn into Fern Gully. ;)

Like the idea of the download / driving aspect. Sort of a cross between Dollhouse and the Anne McCaffery Ship series.

16. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

17. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

I just can't shake the feeling I'm watching a trailer for Mass Effect 2 or something like that. . .

18. C0nKer

C0nKer What's a Dremel?

It definitely is not photorealistic. It doesn't change the fact that it looks beautiful.

"Now, after four years of actual production work, AVATAR delivers a fully immersive cinematic experience of a new kind, where the revolutionary technology invented to make the film, disappears into the emotion of the characters and the sweep of the story."

Let's just hope it can live up to such claims.

19. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

apple has set their trailer servers to only allow apps reporting as 'quicktime' to access the direct links. this is the closest you are now going to get without being redirected to the trailers homepage:
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avatar/hd/

20. GreatOldOne

I think the 'revolutionary' claim stems from the facial MOCAP rigs they used.

Apparently the voice actors for the CGI characters wore special headgear that captured their facial expressions when they when recording the dialogue - and that was used on their character.

And to be honest, I thought it all looked pretty damned good. The moments where GCI and Humans interact didn't Jar (Jar? ;)) as much as some other films I've seen.