1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AVG update kills iTunes

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 27 Jul 2009.

1. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

I am still stunned at the concept of people paying for music that is easily available for NOTHING elsewhere.

Lemmings alert!

S*D

2. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Some people are worthy elements of society. Others are just parasites.

3. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

As a professional in graphics and design I can only laugh at all the hate for OSX, as Windows does not deliver, where I really would need it to deliver. All professional media is done in OSX today because Windows fails to deliver.

On topic:
    People shouldn't setup their AV-tools to do something automatically and allways set them up to ask what to do in every case.

4. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I don't understand what you mean when you say that the media player is hanging over your work area. I decide what music I want to listen to, then minimize iTunes. The player sits on the taskbar in mini-mode (or whatever Windows calls it). All the necessary buttons are right there on the taskbar: volume, next, previous, play/pause, etc.

I suppose this is one of those your-mileage-may-vary situations. At home I have a dual-core Athlon with 2 GB of ram, and iTunes takes only a few seconds to open and go - certainly quicker than the 30 seconds it takes you on Foobar. Really, it takes me longer to make up my mind as to what music I want to play.

What are you doing that Windows fails to accomplish? I also am a professional working in graphic design and video production, and I realize that each platform has something to offer. We typically use whatever program is most suitable for a particular application.

-monkey

5. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I only use iTunes on my GF's laptop as she has an ipod and i can't be arsed hacking around the security to use somthing else.

The main reason I don't have an ipod is itunes. Horrible!

6. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I've never had a problem getting my iPod to talk to Winamp... it's never even seen iTunes. Just Winamp.

Tags: Add Tags