1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows AvP multiplayer

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by llah66, 27 Feb 2010.

1. llah66

llah66 What's a Dremel?

Just had one of the most **** my pants multi-player in a long while,to be honest last time i jumped this much was when i played the original AvP,have played all 3 in multi.
    Alien ok once you get your angles sorted out.Predator is the best out of the bunch but the poor Marine is where the fun is....well thats my opinion anyway.
    Think multi could be improved once the unranked beta is up and hopefully you can find a server without having to wait for a ages to get put on one,or is that just me,i was hopeing that the multi would have maps along the lines of the Aliens movie big maps more than 9 a side,but is this a probelm with a steam server similar to mw2 capped at 18 ?
    Good game just needs to tweak the multi player a abit more.

qx9650 extreme,bfg 280 gtx.fatality s/card,4gb ram,500gb hard drive.

2. Zero_UK

Zero_UK What's a Dremel?

:) Agreed, It is a heck of a lot of fun. It's really good when your with a group of mates playing, I just cant wait for the dediciate servers to reduce the lag issues which destroy the combat system.

The multiplayer does need quite a bit of tweaking:
    - hit boxes lagging behind and it just ruins the fighting really.

-I'd like to see a few adaptions on the fighting system maybe removing the auto aim with the predator and alien making attacks less spamable when your in the focus mode. Like if in focus mode you can choose where to jump to but it didn't lock onto someone you had to time your attacks and stuff.

-Ability to make 2v1 fights like a predator vs alien more do able. Maybe like the ability to do throws or like quick blocks rather than staggering a bit or like you can counter the stealth kills when your engaged in a fight - as the stealth kills look awesome, but there more for when you catch someone off guard, think they should be tweaked to be a reward and tacticle with a good pay off and maybe able to counter them if not maybe if it was based on your kill streak how likely you could counter or not be countered?

But yeah :) has quite a bit to go for being perfect, but it is a heck of a lot of fun and different :). I like it.

Im suprised there isn't a game mode to do just AVP lol.

3. Sutters

Sutters Silent lurker!

Guys... is there an easy way to add people to your Steam friends as you're playing?
    I don't seem to have an option so maybe there's a shortcut?

Let me know your Steam names if you fancy a game - I'm 'xenomorph'

4. Zero_UK

Zero_UK What's a Dremel?

One thing which is really irrtiating me with the MP at the moment is the laggy hit boxes and stealth moves that still activate when you turn around or how they can just be spammed when running in circles. They need to be a bit more tacticle for such a high reward... :(

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

If you open the friends tab on steam, click the "players" tab at the top and you can select names from games you recently had. Should be able to add them that way.

6. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

MP is boring and dull to me.. :(

7. Toxic_Lemon

Toxic_Lemon What's a Dremel?

I was thinking about getting this game , is it a good game ? or just good for mp.

8. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

The whole game is boring and dull, imo. I'm putting it aside until someone mods objective coop into it.

9. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

Does it have LAN play?

10. DarkLord7854

SP refuses to work for me, so I can't comment on it, but I'm sure it's the same as the MP

11. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Try playing it in DX9 Mode.

Anyone tried the dedicated servers yet?

12. DarkLord7854

Already tried everything on the Steam forums, nothing works, so meh.

13. llah66

llah66 What's a Dremel?

hi darklord 7854 mite be a sound card issue m8 as i have heard there is a probelm