1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVPR: Aliens vs Predator - Requiem

Discussion in 'General' started by Shadow_101, 30 Jan 2008.

1. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Mudkips.

Haven’t had chance to go see this yet, but been hearing bad things? Anyone been to see it yet and if so what do you think? Worth the cinema ticket?

edit: 800 posts woo - feeling warm and fuzzy :)

2. malccy72

malccy72 Minimodder

IMO no; film has fight scenes which you expect but the directing and editing is terrible and lets not go into the ending storyline....

3. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

it quote my friend "its short but not that bad, wait for it on dvd"

4. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Haven't seen it yet, but I'm a sucker for movies with aliens in them, so with utter disregard for apalling critics this is one I will definitely see.

5. Freedom

Freedom Minimodder

Guess what film I wont be going seeing this year. I hate these rubbishy spin offs. Talk about flogging a dead horse.

Last edited: 30 Jan 2008
  6. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

This film sucks ass! They took lots of the bits from the other alien/preditor films and merged them together, thats pretty much avp2 in a nutshell!

7. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Sure, I certainly don't expect it to be a truly memorable epic on par with, for instance, the original Alien movie. I do, however, expect to be entertained, which will suffice as far as I'm concerned - at least with this movie. I mean; aliens slaughtering their way through an american small town ... how much more cliché can you get? :D

By the way; why do these weird things always happen in small towns in america?

8. Shielder

Shielder Live long & prosper!

Cos there are plenty of them and who misses a few hundred rednecks anyway :naughty:

9. Major

Major Guest

Well I thought it was a pretty good watch. Worth £7 imo.

10. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

As a bit of a veteran 'Aliens' and 'Predator' connoisseur, I felt it was a definite step up from the first one. A BIG step up. Personally, the first one was an utter waste of celluloid. This one, sure... there is plenty of cheese in it, but what do you expect? 'Alien' was a b-movie with a higher budget, so some of that is going to trickle down. If you're a fan of 'Aliens' & 'Predator' in particular, you'll see a lot of slap-in-your-face homage to those films in particular throughout this film. Check your brain at the door!

11. naokaji

naokaji whatever

thanks for saying that.. now i'll go see it, i was planning to avoid it due to the horrible first one.

Last edited: 30 Jan 2008
  12. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

I'd say its okay, if your a fan of either franchise then you should enjoy it enough but if you're not into either Pedator or Alien then stay away.

Like all films there were some good bits, some dumb bits, some poor bits and some bits that get the job done but are a bit bland. My personal fav bit in the is when the Predator is creeping through the sewer, I couldn't work out what it was doing when he was throwing those gadgets of his onto the walls then all becomes clear when.....

In short, it was okay and I'm glad that the gore was back in since you can't really have either of these characters in a film without some blood and guts.

13. Major

Major Guest

I'd have to disagree on that, I thought 99% of the things in the movie were pretty obvious, and I pretty much knew the whole story line half way through the movie.

When they nuked everyone at the end, you knew that was going to happen, also when the two parties head different ways etc. Wasn't that thought through.

14. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Likewise.

The movie also pays homage to the PC games and the Predator/Aliens universe quite well. It was entertaining and worth every penny I paid for admission. Just don't go in the theatre expecting deep classic sci-fi plot on the level of Alien. As long as you disconnect plot from action when viewing, it's definitely a good movie.

After watching it, you'll see Predators as the most bad-ass motherfu*kers in film.

15. ChEsTeH

ChEsTeH What's a Dremel?

I enjoyed it, Everthing you`d expect from a AVP film. Nice :)

Tags: