1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Away from your PC?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by steleet, 3 Dec 2009.

?

Longest you've been without your PC?

Poll closed 11 Dec 2009.
  1. Less then a week

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Longer then a week

15 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Less then a month

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  4. Longer then a month

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. steleet

steleet Did he death?

How long have you gone without having access to your PC?

I'm going on 4 months now. It's killing me because all these games are coming out and I can play them! I at least have my laptop, it's no gaming machine. Although I did get to replay all of HL2.

Two more weeks till I'm back with my sweet rig. Can't wait!

Edit: I realize that I messed up the poll.

Last edited: 3 Dec 2009
  2. klutch4891

klutch4891 What's a Dremel?

I think my longest was this whole summer. So about three months with no computer at all. Needless to say I had a lot of catching up to do when I got back.

3. feedayeen

feedayeen What's a Dremel?

3 days when I went down to CES earlier this year. I don't know if that counts considering they had plenty of demos running that I got to play with and Internet fix was delt with by hotel wifi.

4. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Three weeks last year when I went to Thailand.

5. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

About 2 months at a time a fair few times, after moving house it doesn't get a lot of use now, but since the release of MW2 is back on and overclocked a bit more :D

6. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

about a year after my one machine blew up, and i made too little money to even think about saving for a new one... the only PC i used then was a Dell D640 for work stuff...

7. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

6 weeks or so when I went travelling a few years ago. Since then, never more than a few days.

8. Digibull

Digibull Stealth Geek

I traveled South Asia for just under a month last year. I sorted of cheated and jumped into an internet cafe as and when I saw one though. Any longer then a month I don't think my PC would forgive me for the neglect.

9. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

about half hour each day, i sleep next to my pc, and work on pc's so the drive to work is the longest time i spend away from one. apart from holidays and not had one in over 3 years.

10. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Occasionally a week or more, but usually just a couple of days. In my normal routine I'm on it every day.

As an ex-mathematician the poll boundaries for this annoyed me, the middle two are logically the same thing :)

11. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

can we have an option "Please, for god's sake!! Don't take it away from me" ??

12. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

3 days, i think.

13. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

About 6 days.
    3 in the hospital to have my gall bladder out, then three laying on my parents couch. immediately the next day my friends brought their comps over and we had a nice little LAN :D
    ( I lasted till about 11 at night before the drugs took hold again and I fell asleep )

14. Akava

Akava Lurking...

I was on secondment for just over 4 weeks a while back, had to stay away from home. Other than that, never more than a few days.

15. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

hrmm ... last time i was without computer for more than a day ...

probably the last day i drove from Jacksonville to Dayton. so, july 6th.

before that, i was using my tablet with a USB GPS dongle for nav ... so i had one with me.
    me and the wife took the laptop on our last kid-free vacation, but only used it to watch a couple of movies.

and now, i have a WinMo phone on me at all times (thanks, boss) so email never really goes away unless i am somewhere with no gsm coverage. when we go back to cdma phones in a few weeks, those blank spots will pretty much disappear.

16. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

went a week so far without gaming at all so far. Too much uni work =( went for over a month in the summer with being in romania, my GPU breaking and in donegal with the GF. Thats sorta how stopped playing wow too. Just couldn't get back into it after taking about a month off due to something in the real world distracting me lol.