1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awesomely Geeky Movie T-Shirts

Discussion in 'General' started by K, 4 Jan 2008.

1. K

K 528491

I remember seeing this place linked in a movie magazine a few months ago, but only decided to check them out yesterday. The basic premise is that they take fictional places, companies and brands etc from the movies and turn them into clothing. Some of the coolest t-shirts I've seen in aaaaaages so I just had to share.

http://www.lastexittonowhere.com/

I think the Weyland-Yutani and HAL9000 ones are just mint.

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

3. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Nice, but £20 a pop? I'll pass, thanks....

4. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

^ Freaky, that's almost exactly what I was going to post.

Gotta love the skynet one though :D

5. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Omni Consumer Products! Quality!

£20 for a decent t-shirt is pretty good considering what £20 gets you on the high street these days. Betcha they're a much better quality than the lightweight pop-culture/movie t-shirts from HMV and Virgin.

6. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

As a designer and printer of shirts myself, I can safely say that the prices are outrageous :hehe:; then again I'm not used to seeing jacked-up retail-level prices much in regards to t-shirts. Cool shirt ideas, though.

I had done replicas of the Tyrell (Blade Runner) and Weyland-Yutani (Aliens) logos in particular about 11 years ago due to the fact that there wasn't any merch available officially; I think it's cool seeing them somewhere else, and both our setups are so similar too!

Cool link.

7. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

I quite like the USCM one, £17.50 though... bit more than I usually pay for clothes (£4 from primark :thumb:) but i'll think i'll treat myself. Cheers for posting

8. E.E.L. Ambiense

Oh, didn't see the USCM one. lol. There's another one I did a while back!

9. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Find me somewhere on the high street that does a decent t-shirt for under £20 then. One that isn't made of tissue paper or is designed for unusually proportioned people (i.e. H&M or Primark...).

I reckon for what you get, £20-ish seems a decent enough price.

10. E.E.L. Ambiense

I couldn't tell you TBH, as I don't really dabble in retail. I can't tell you the last time I bought a t-shirt at retail price, but I can tell you that $40 for a shirt is utterly ridiculous. Highest retail I've ever seen on a t-shirt is maybe $20ish. Twice that seems...I dunno. Wow. Then again, I'm probably biased because I print them myself and knowing what actually goes into them! :hehe: I just hope for that price, they are giving you a nice manufactured shirt.

Shirt manufacturers, or more directly, the printers who are handling these contracts really are the ones who decide in conjunction with the client what brand blanks to use for the job. This can be because of price and/or availability. I can only speak for myself by stating that I only use 'upper-tier' blanks like American Apparel, Alternative, Hanes, Fruit of the Loom Lofteez, etc. for much of the work I handle.

11. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

A lot of the shirts I get from Play.com are Fruit of the Loom, and I don't think I've paid more than £12 for one of those.

12. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Some are rather nice, 2001, Alien and Terminator T-shits always get my vote but the steep price certianly does not.

13. K

K 528491

All our shirts at work are American Apparel, they're the best IMO.

14. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

I love the Summerisle one, and the Aliens ones. But yeah, $48 bucks (estimated) USD for a shirt? I'll pass.

15. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

In the UK, things aren't as good value as the US. Threadless for instance do amazing quality t-shirts for what? $15 or about £7? Whereas over here in the UK, somewhere like HMV sells say similar stuff to the above link - Batman logos, Transformers designs, movie/retro/nostalgia stuff - for £10-15 and the quality of the printing and the t-shirts themselves are shockingly bad.

Yeah so my point is order Threadless t-shirts instead. **** the rip-off Britain bunch...

16. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

17. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Try these (I have #1,3, & 5 of these myself!):- Buckaroo Banzai T-Shirts

Edit: They occasionally visit UK SciFi conventions.

Tags: