1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkward periods of time!

Discussion in 'General' started by Solidus, 15 Jan 2006.

1. Tai-pan

Tai-pan What's a Dremel?

HEY I WAS THERE! yeah that was pretty awkward, but the funniest part was that i had been pulled over with him about three months before and i was thinkin "thers gotta be an insurance card in there cause we had it last time we got pulled over".

2. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

When you have just had a court case with 2 other friends and won it and the guy who took you to court you happen to pass by he is with around 5 people you are with a similar amount. It is a miracle that no fights happen at the point.

3. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned: Run into a ex from a relationship gone bad. Do you just ignore her? Do you just nod? Or talk to her? What are you gonna say? Or do you try to seduce her for "old times sake". How do you go about that?

L

4. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

oh the bathroom ones always get me, when hanging out with that special lady friend nothing is more awkward then having the bathroom be right next to where ever your sitting. knowing you both are hearing every splash and gurgle.
    Any situation when two people like each other but for whatever reason can't "associate"
    when ever people ask for rides on my motorcycle ( I guess you would hafta own one)

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Aww man i freaking HATE this. Conversation starters is the WORST. And even if you find something to talk about, it may last about 30 seconds and/or incite a yes or no answer. :wallbash:

I did this one on Saturday: Some lady gets on the tube with her daughter of about 4 or 5 years old, helping her get on and sit down. The mother is carrying what looks like a very small child wrapped up well in her other arm, carrying it as you would a normal baby. As she goes to sit down and help her 4/5 year old the wrapped up baby drops out her arm and hits the floor! I experienced a heart attack at 22. I was simultainiously gasping for breath and trying to will my heart to beat reguarly again. Then the woman picked up the now, clearly plastic, doll, whilst other people looked at me funny. I continued reading my book, quietly.

6. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

I just experienced something very awkward.

I quite like this girl in my Music Technology class, she's pretty pretty.

Anyway, I was day dreaming about her, and well.. Mr. Winky got a little aroused, needless to say I was tenting.

Right at the end of the lesson, he's still standing to attention, and I really don't want to move else someone will notice my huge problem and it would've been very embarassing.

Luckily my Music Technology teacher likes me and ended up talking to me untill it went down, he didn't know about the problem, I hope.. :worried:

7. Hybr1d

Hybr1d Bаnned

LMFAO, we've all been there (well us guys anyway) :p

8. orb

orb satisfying.

I had that a few days ago! :E

9. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

less that a few hours ago, i got called in to talk to the head of 6th form... he walked past me and a girl under a pretty big table in a with pillows and stuff laying down next to eachother laughing and messing about, this was 20 minutes before a group of people also in 6th form walked in to hear a girl laughing and then see me then pop my head out of the table with wonked up hair and looking like i had just woken up... looked dodgy to say the least.

a bit embarrasing today to say the least too... most people know...

10. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Seeing someone you had a one night stands with in the pub.

That kills me.

Saying that the silence is better than the shouting and crying.

11. SJH

SJH Minimodder

Just had one about 10 minutes ago...

Went to the corner shop with the full knowledge I had a tenner in my pocket, but decided I'd pay for my stuff on my card as the £10 note was going to be beer money for later on tonight. My card, as HSBC haven't got off their behinds yet, is one of the old swipe-style cards, not a chip-and-pin one. And as luck would have it, the card wouldn't go through the machine. By the shopkeeper's 6th or 7th attempt to get the reader to read it, there was a queue of 5 or 6 annoyed customers behind me.

The awkward moment was when I remembered I did actually have a tenner in my wallet which I could pay with, but didn't want to piss people off for having wasted their time for nothing. So - get this - I had to pretend to go home to get some cash (just walked round the block) to pay for my stuff. I felt a right numpty, and now I'm going to have to go to the cashpoint en route to the pub :(

Sam

12. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

bahaha, so polite..

(So true @ tents)

13. Strategy

Strategy Banned

@ Tibby, just say "Oi! You! It ain't gonna suck it's self!"

One for me would have to be ragging the missis to have her father walk in while were both up against the wall with bugger all on..

Still, carried on!

14. Enemy_down494

Enemy_down494 What's a Dremel?

beat this for awkward..

your best mate starts going out with someone youve humped and dumped, but he doesnt knwo that youve been with her, your sitting with your best mate in school, and another guy turns round and says "remember that night that you boned <insert the womans name>" and the silence is just sickening

happened to me once

15. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

I had that!

But was with my mum!

How about being out with your best mate, and seeing his ex gfrined of 4 years that you and her have a thing going on that he doesn't know about.

16. seebul

seebul Minimodder

well done brains, how long did it take you to work tht 1 out??:p

sorry,no offence. :D

17. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

Oh man I have a great one for this....

When in 1997 or so when I was 9 or 10 I used to go sometimes to my classmates house to play playstation that he had. After somee time his family was going to eat and his mom insisted on me joining them. I'm (and was) a vegetarian and they were eating some kind of meat/steak... I don't know the name but they were about inch sized flat meat squares... After feeling totally akward for few minutes I found the solution. When others did not look I stacked them one by one in my pockets....

Man did I had stinking pockets....

18. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

LMFAO! That's the funniest thing I've read in ages...

Another one is when you come to a mini-roundabout opposite someone and no-one has clear right of way (like the stop signs).

Or when an old friend phones you up, who is clearly a berk, so you just end up sitting in silence until they get bored and make an excuse to get off the phone.

Or when you're in a lift with someone, and they clearly drop one which nearly burns the steel panels of the lift off, and they look at you when you sniff funnily as if you'd just raped their dog.

19. davew

davew What's a Dremel?

Aaah, got a couple of ones like that...

In junior school we were doing about germany and the teacher brought in some frankfurter sausages. I absolutely hated them and the teacher would've probably made me eat it, so I spat it out and hid the slightly chewed frankfurter in my pocket. I had to play the semi-final of the countdown tournament with chewed up, wet, smelly, squishy frankfurter in my pocket :miffed: I lost on a 2nd conundrum :waah:

Christmas dinner this year I tried to eat one of those little sausages with bacon wrapped round. There was more fat than bacon though and I couldn't chew it, nearly threw up when I tried to swallow it :eeek: I don't think anyone noticed though so I stood up calmly and went away sniffling so I could pretend I needed to blow my nose. Good save I thought :D

Toilet ones are always the worst.... like walking into a public toilet to be greeted by someone elses unflushable monster. Especially if there's a queue. If you don't manage to flush it everyone will think it was you :blush: If you spot it quick enough you can make for the exit quick, nobody will believe you created such a beast in such quick time. Remember to apologize to the next person in line on the way out for putting them in the same situation!

Another door holding related one is when someone holds the door open for you when you're not actually going in when walking passed a shop or something. Even worse if you're in the so called 'no mans land' of door holding and they hold it.

Last edited: 17 Jan 2006
  20. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

That reminds me of a situation last weekend!

I went to a friend's house party (mainly family and close friends), but because his family comes from India they don't drink alcohol (apart from wine and champagne) they are all vegetarians, and there were only about 7 meat eaters there. One of my friend's father doesn't eat vegetables (meatatarian? :S) and when the partyboy's mother offered my other friend's father some veggy food, he said no, I don't eat vegs, which put the birthday's boy's mum in a very awarkd position, poor her!