1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Backing up your CDs is now illegal

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 17 Feb 2006.

1. gpw111

gpw111 What's a Dremel?

some how i dont think anythin the RIAA say will be taken a blind bit of notice of. so its illegal to back up your cds - do i give a sh!t?

In fact, i havn't used bearshare in a while....might do some more back ups......

2. -EVRE-

-EVRE- What's a Dremel?

SAZER FRAZER RAZER FRAZER!!!!

they want more more people

3. Who_me_33

Who_me_33 What's a Dremel?

Hmm, every one if going to be running to the riaa to be there buddys with a move like that. Yea, right.
    So what about people that lose there cds through legitimate reasons. Someone I know lost most of his cds in a fire, at his girlfriends house, and they wernt covered by insurance (yes, he was ropeable) but the insurance agent said just copy them, it will still be legal enough. And then theres those that dont use there bought cds in there cars, for risk of damage, they just use copys of them for that. The ammount of people that this will annoy will be far greater than the number that will like them for it. And to think its so hard to set up a boy cot of the riaa, if someone did manage to do that effectively, I would be most probably be taking part in it.

4. Hybr1d

Hybr1d Bаnned

Oh **** off.

5. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

Welcome to Bit-Tech :thumb:

/ontopic

f the RIAA

6. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

And this is supposed to help how? So if I buy a CD then rip it to put on my mp3 player I'm doing something illegal. If I download the mp3, its still illegal, only cheaper. So why bother buying it?

7. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Ok thats it, im now taking donations towards hiring a proffesional Assasin to kill these people.

Paypal preffered.

8. SensesFail

SensesFail Guest

Greedy sons of bitches. The music industry needs to learn to adapt or die. The courts should tell them to literally kiss every customers' ass for trying to make a dishonest buck.

9. Satyric_saint

Satyric_saint What's a Dremel?

:rolleyes: The only thing I can see happening with this is that more people are going to stat buying songs off line for $.99 a song on only songs they like insted of buying a $15 CD with 2 good songs and 9 Crappy songs. The artist wont get as much exposure for other songs an their albums and start crying FOUL when they see a 80% loss in profits. :eyebrow: HEH then its the RIAA against iTunes :hehe:

10. Dngrsone

Dngrsone What's a Dremel?

They locked themselves into that track and they'll likely ride it into the wall...

11. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

and die

12. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

The RIAA really need to engage their brain before they start trying to pass these stupid laws.

13. Static Lullaby

Static Lullaby What's a Dremel?

What doens't make sense here... and I am surprised no one caught this yet. Was the RIAA supports I-tunes and other mp3 based online subscription services. They get PAID for each one of those downloads too. Why though they should bother with trying to change the copyright laws for CD's is negligible to their "flawless world" where everyone pays for 100% of the music they have in their possession.

As someone else said... its simply a "last ditch attempt" to piss people off that are still going the free route to obtain their music.

14. Dngrsone

Dngrsone What's a Dremel?

I just noticed this subject has two seperate threads... what's with that?

15. ric449

ric449 What's a Dremel?

Maybe this is why Bill Gates predicts there will be no physical formats after HDDVD and Blu Ray, because if you want to be able to move your media to devices like MP3 players you will only be able to do it if it was already in MP3 form (a la the MSN Music service).

16. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

and then their car will errupt into an incandescent fireball. But they won't die, merely have 90% of the bodies burned and as they stumble out they fall into a random body of highly salty sea water and we all know how bad salt hurts on open wounds. But they are still alive after all of this. They climb out of the water and a pack of dogs smell them and start eating them alive, but they don't kill them, just severely maim them. After escaping the dogs they come into a town and there just happens to be a group of protesters against their latest descision about illegality of music back-ups they run into. After this angry mob beats them all to within an inch of thier lives, they manage to escape and end up at my front door where I proceed to pee on them and kick them in the face.

But they are still alive in horrible pain and will suffer for the rest of their lives. I hate the RIAA and the MPAA so much, I wish this would really happen to them. They can all suck my fat white ass.

17. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

cool, i wish to stomp them paper thin.

there WILL be protests for sure.

18. Touchwood

Touchwood What's a Dremel?

Go tread in fresh cowpats. I buy CDs and in doing so support the music industry, who have lots more bucks than I do. But now, I'm not allowed to copy to my Mp3 player to listen to and enjoy the music I paid for, while jogging most nights after work to maintain some fitness.

Major Dummy-Spit.

19. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

QFFT!

The ONLY reason people still buy any CDs at all is because they want that original-quality hardcopy, or else they'd download everything, be it by thepiratebay or iTunes. Heck, there are a good number of CDs you can pirate with lossless rips and high-res scans of the booklet, covers and disc label. And if it weren't RIAA-backed, I'd have bought the CD anyways. But alas, it's their own existance that's losing them money. Give up while you're still ahead, boys.

20. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

Hmm, I buy a burner, I buy a cd/mp3 player for my truck, I buy a physical CD for once, however I am not allowed the convience of using all three jointly to create a coustom playlist. Instead I have to carry several cds around to replace what I should be able to do legaly on 1 cd. I have lost cds before but I still have a backup on my computer, thats ilegal now. Im waiting for them to outlaw linux. If they make everything ilegal than the people who dont pirate music will think whats the point of buying a cd. Meh, I hope it adds to their destruction

This just in Linux promotes piracy
    [​IMG]
    I just love this picture

Tags: Add Tags