1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bad attitude Gamers in DotA style games?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Abhorsen, 17 Dec 2009.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

In that case (3-4 sec cooldown on Q) I have seen HORRIBLE Vlads only.

I have been looking into Kayle as well. I literally have something like 7000IP lying around, because I can't decide on what champ to buy. I thought Kat, and then thought she's not my type of champ. I thought Vlad, but am not too impressed with what I've seen...

My current Ashe tactic (for mid lane) is: Go W, and level W as much as possible. Maybe take Q occasionally, E once, and R whenever you can. Make sure to get Catalyst, and spam W on creeps. trying to harrass the opposing champ. Catalyst helps keep mana up as long as you level, and W is a farm tool, that gets nice, quick cooldowns later on.

Oh, and my build got reverted back to Phantom danger>Inf Edge.
    The extra attack speed and Crit chance (not to mention dodge chance) suit my playing style better.

2. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Member

That is how i play Ashe also, i start with a Mana Crystal and 2 Health Pots, Rank W, then Q, then W, then E and then R>W>Q>E.

I don't use my volley on minions though, i only use W when i make sure i hit the enemy champ also.

I currently, build Ashe with a Catalyst, Brutaliser, Infinity Edge and Last Whisper followed by a late game Zeal.

As for Kayle, i play her quite often on the EU server due to having a nice silver Skin for her that not many others have :p

My build follows Alth0rs (One of the best EU players), it's Doran's Ring, Guinsoo's, Beserkers Greaves and Hextech Gunblade.

His Splash Dmg hits like a truck aswell as having the benefit of +SpellVamp and +Lifesteal meaning that the more aggressive you play, the more you heal!

Use his Q like Seth said and his R to save lives.

Mark my words, it won't be long before people say Kayle is OP.

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

My ashe build is Catalyst->Vamp Scepter (If I feel I am too squishy for the game)->Boots of +5 out of combat->Zeal->Phantom Dancer->Inf Edge

I call it the Kite-Ashe build. She runs from everything with the help of flash and Ghost (Natural movement speed of 477)

4. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Lol, people already say she's OP, that's why:

a) She's listed as Top Tier (was actually listed as Top of Tier 1 for a while)

b) I believe she got a nerf to her Heal, MS Increase and Q Damage, and as we know, her R got nerfed down too.

I thought of the Gunblade but the general consensus is that it's way too expensive for what it does. Although that was before the recent buff it received... not sure how it performs now although it's still bloody expensive.

You should try Nashor's Ab, the 50% Attack Speed literally means you melt opponents ever so fast when combined with Zerker's and Guinsoo's AS buff as well. The extra AP, Mana Regen and CDR go a long way as well :D.

After them, i considered a Gunblade but when for Guardian Angel instead because i found myself focused or just caught. Also was going to get a BloodRazor but didn't have the time, think that would have been absolutely sick :D.

5. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

+ Bent, i'd really go for Inf Edge after Zeal and then maybe Phantom Dancer, as it is PD is a lot of money (2200) which can get you a B.F. Sword which will improve your DPS much better than the AS/Crit/Dodge that PD will give you.

6. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Member

I may try it, though i do like the Hextech route :p

7. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Does her E proc off Hextech's SpellVamp AND Lifesteal?

If so that's masssssivelyyyyyyy awesome/imba.

I'd definitely have to try it since the AD/AP amounts have been buffed so much.

Also played a game today, 2/8/28. We were losing heavily early and mid game because (imo) we kept starting teamfights without me and i was lagging heavily (turned my laptop on behind me and it autoloaded up uTorrent... whoops). However late game when we were teamfighting i managed to half-focus down the carries and managed to somewhat Ult the right person with our uber-fed Shaco cleaning up. Ult'd his clone a few times though, it's hard to see when it's one big cluster-*** of my E splash, Nunu's Ult, Amumu's Ult, Akali's Shroud, Veigar's Dark Matter and Blitz's Ult.

8. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Member

Yeah i am like 90% certain the lifesteal and spell vamp both prov on his E :p

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I tried the InfEdge after Zeal and only then upgrade to PD, but somehow that didn't work for me.
    Mind - I play a large part of this build by "feel" anyway.

10. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Member

Whatever works for you is always the way forward.

11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

That's my feeling as well. I generally try to go with the flow of things, and adjust to what I feel is needed to win the game/make my build more solid given the circumstances.

12. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Pretty much what you guys have said.

Just because a build looks solid on paper, doesn't necessarily mean you can make the most of it.

Been playing more Udyr now he's free, means i can see his "full" potential on the US server with a full set of runes and masteries. Have a 6 win streak with him :D, although this is in a 5 man premade and against Level 20-25s (since some of our group ranges from Level 5-15).

I stopped building Locket on him and have gone for a more Tank-y Carry build around Madred's then Nashor's, the increased AP and AS means my Phoenix Stance hits rather hard and often :D. Originally i thought you'd be rather Mana-starved, but since you're jungling early game you should be able to control the Golem buff often and once you're Level ~10 you seem to have both enough mana and mana regen to last quite a while (even without any mana items).

The main problem it seems however is that you really need to be Level 30 with a full set of runes and masteries for him to jungle "properly" (i.e. somewhere near the speed of Warwick). With Cloth Armor + 5 HP pots i can take all of our jungle (although Lizard can be precarious since i start it ~ half hp). Then blue pill, get Madred's Razors, enemy Golem and wolves then you're Level 5/6 and can get Dragon which is slightly slower than what i usually do with Warwick.

Masteries are also set up very strangely, i want the Smite buff so i go 1 in offense, the EXP and Buff Duration masteries are also very important for Jungling so that's 10 in Utility and then Defense is also important for the Minion Damage Reduction, for a total of 1/19/10.

13. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I had a game over the weekend, where (in a 4-man premade +1 Random) I chose Ashe (for mid-lane). I was asked to choose Ashe. I could've played Morde as well.
    The rest of my team was Tristanna (Random), Ryze, Zilean, Yi
    The other team was:
    Morde, Garren, Cho, Ashe, Sion.
    Safe to say that NOONE packed Madred's or any anti-tank weaponry, and everyone (save Zil and myself) were playing DPS. I played the support-Ashe that can get everywhere in a hurry, and focusses Champs for killing.

We got *ssraped in that game. Not cool. Stupid friends. Stupid me. I should've switched to MK.

Another game I played (Random, ashe again), had me in stitches when for some reason our Zilean got focussed EVERY TIME, and he wasn't all that strong. We bailed him out a couple of times, but mostly it was over too quickly.
    At one point in the game, after dying (literally) for the 15th time, Zilean says "Jesus... I must be black or something."
    I LOL'ed quite a bit at that.

14. Invectus

Invectus New Member

Stopped playing HoN mainly because it caught me in a bad mood, due to player behaviour and similar stuff..
    Started with LoL instead, much more relaxed and easier game-play. Would be nice with some new buddies to play with thou

15. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Hmmm, this thread seems to have stalled a bit.

Apologies Ab, i've been playing more on the US servers again (i just love my Level 30 + Full Rune Page account ;>). + I seem to miss every time you've asked me to play due to dinner/food :(. Not to mention you always go to sleep at early early times whilst i generally play more during the night/early hours :p.

Anyhow, there seem to have been some big buffs/nerfs all around the board with the last few patches. I.E:

Suppression for Malz/War/Urgot.
    GA giving fixed HP rather than 40%.
    Morgana becoming godlike with Uncleansable Ult and Immovable Snare.
    Kog becoming stupidly viable and apparently the best carry in the game.
    MORE nerfs to Ezreal (lmao).

+ Two new champs atm, (Urgot + Miss Fortune).

Former being called OP (very strong early game) and then UP (very lacklustre late game) and Miss Fortune being a solid Carry (that Double Up ability is stupidly annoying).

Lately have been trying to play more ranged Carries to practice farming/last hitting, Ashe is kinda meh for me (played her loads and just don't enjoy her that much), Trist is fun but i find her Ult to be very situational/useless (used more for the pushaway than for the damage), Ezreal just should never be played AD :)P), Sivir is fun but all my friends have banned me from playing her because i feed too much :(, her autoattack range was nerfed to the point where it's almost near melee range which combined with her squishyness means i get destroyed :(.

+ Invectus, how you finding the game now? And what server do you play on? I'm sure any of us would be happy to play with you if we're not already premade =].

16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I finally managed to get a good few games in over the weekend.
    All but one playing Ashe.
    I learned:
    1) 3v3 still sucks kling-ons.
    2) My Mordekaiser is rusty... REAL rusty.
    3) Miss fortune seems a wee bit OP at times. I have literally seen her deal 900 damage in 1.4 seconds yesterday (Kill recap, thank you).

17. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Lol, i'm surprised how much i suck at playing 3v3, i'm completely fine in 5v5 but put me in a 3v3 match and i'm just lost.

Morde has gone up in viability (and popularity) i think ever since the Cleanse nerf, he still may not output a lot of burst dps but he has quite a consistent presence in teamfights.

MF is god like in terms of carrying i think atm (only behind Kog), apparently she's not Tier 1 because she lacks survivability but she just traded that for more damage.

Her Q is a useful harass early game but i keep forgetting to use it late game just because the range isn't amazing.

W is where she becomes stupidly imba, with essentially a Super Malady and AS buff, the AS may not be as good as Trists (i think it's half), but the Super Malady more than makes up for damage.

E is useful for harass, pushing and it's slow but doesn't really do much damage in the grand scheme of things, it's nice for persistance though.

R is IMO what makes her more fun than Trist, the range is pretty much imba, and in the jungle you can't sidestep it at all, not to mention the good combo of Amumu Ult + MF Ult destroys teams very quickly. The ability to fire it from a wall away also means that a good player can be relatively safe whilst channelling as well.

+ On a side note, i've managed to drag myself out of <1200 ELO hell... now to get myself to the 1300-1400s like you Ab :p.

18. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I still maintain that 3v3 and 5v5 are two different games that happen to have the same champs and items. 3v3 is just "ZOMG-Look! GANK"

I got my Morde-fu back last night, running him in 2 or 3 games. Once the MPen gets pushed a little, and he gets out of squishy-hell, he's quite hard to take down. I know in one game last night, our Vlad and myself realised that it took 5 of them to take both of us down. And we weren't even fed.

The one game where I wished i HAD taken Morde, I was on Ashe again, vs a Kennen in mid. I am pretty convinced that Kennen is one of the best harassers in the game.

19. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Member

I also agree that Kennen is an awesome Solo Mid champ, though You can always avoid skillshots.

Personally i love MF, she is my flavour of the moment, Seth if you get chance, have a look at my US profile i think 90% of my games are with MF :p

20. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Yeah. The kennen skillshot is easy to dodge, provided you ahve good pings. at an average of ~330ms pings, it's a wee bit harder though I still get it right. He's got just the right amount of tower-dive ability as well, with his (dunno names again) run screaming and on electricity thing.