1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows *Bad Company 2 - get your 360 controller config!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by craig3000, 6 Mar 2010.

1. craig3000

craig3000 What's a Dremel?

**Updated** Hey, I did this for myself just a minute ago so rather than being selfish and lazy, I'll post it up here for you guys, it gives you access to using the 360 controller with bad company 2

Download here: Download xpadder 360 controller BC2.7z for free on uploading.com

Contents:
    -Xpadder 5.3
    -3 config files

If your running Windows 7 then run in compatibility mode for Windows Vista SP2. Does not need installing just extract and run, you will need to disengage bad company 2 joystick controls for on foot, vehicle and air and as the controller is basically just assigned to keyboard controls, it should work fine for vehicles and air too, just make sure keyboard/mouse controls are at default in BC2

Features:
    -V.light rumble on sprint, grenade and knife
    -Heavy rumble on firing

Of course you can change settings to whatever you like, I think I have all the right buttons assigned the only one I'm missing is changing seats in vehicles but obviously no real concern just use the keyboard, I'll just give you a run down of what is assigned: (you can view this easier within the xpadder)
    -Aim -Left trigger
    -Fire -Right Trigger
    -Crouch -Toggle Left Bumper
    -Knife -Right Bumper
    -Move/strafe -Left analog stick
    -Sprint -Push down Left analog stick
    -Spot enemies/commands -Back button
    -Pause/Menu -Start button
    -Change view (vehicle) -Y button
    -Reload -X button
    -Enter vehicles/mount -B button
    -Jump/Parachute -A button
    -Change weapon up -Up Dpad
    -Change weapon down -Down Dpad
    -Leaderboard -Left Dpad
    -Map -Right Dpad
    -Look Around -Right analog stick
    -Grenade -Push down right analog stick

Enjoy :)

Last edited: 6 Mar 2010
  2. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

I can understand using the Xbox controller in certain ported games, hell i've done it myself because it makes for a better playing experience imo but for a first person shooter? Surely one of the points of buying it on the PC is the ability to use mouse and keyboard? I'm not understanding why you'd want to use a controller instead?

P.S. I'm not being elitist, I am genuinely confused as to why anyone would choose to use a controller when they can use a mouse and keyboard.

3. Hg

Hg The game known as life

Just why would you want to degrade yourself and use a controller in an FPS on the PC?
    If you enjoy using a controller in an FPS, go grab an xbox360 or PS3 and play your games on there, show the PC some respect and use it the way it was meant to be used, with a mouse and keyboard!

4. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

Cool to have if I have a pad, and the rumbling features are probably the most enticing, but there is no way I'd give up my mouse and keyboard! *hugs mouse and keyboard*

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

/me strangles craig3000 with a corded mouse

TAKE YOUR SACRELIDGE ELSEWHERE!

6. craig3000

Ohhhh dear

7. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Using a controller would be useful for vehicles.

8. craig3000

Exactly :wallbash:

9. Matticus

Matticus ...

Does xpadder emulate mouse movements? So in theory you could leave your 360 controller plugged in, and then when you hop into a vehicle, grab it? I assume you don't have to switch between "keyboard and mouse" and "controller" in BC2 using this method? I haven't actually bought the game yet.

Might be a bit cumbersome but could work.

10. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Yes it does, I was going to say I use this for ARMA II but then I realised I didn't.

Fun times making a burst fire AK47 on CoD4 though, Xpadder is ace.

11. virustwin

virustwin What's a Dremel?

i really have to thank you for sharing. i think its really sad that when someone shares to help others people believe that it is an opportunity to hijack the thread and rant about the practicality of using a controller as opposed to a k/m on a pc for fps games. dont you think we know the difference?! we didnt ask your opinion on what you prefer. either thank, share or stfu! seriously! if you prefer k/m then great! go play the game. leave us to play ours OUR way and stop hijacking the thread.... thanks again for sharing

12. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

hurtbutt.

We are entitled to share our opinion, however heinous. Also, nice program but I prefer my mouse keyboard to blitzkrieg people on bfbc2.

13. maclark13588

maclark13588 What's a Dremel?

Help with xpadder?

Help!

I just assigned the buttons/mapped out the controller on xpadder, so now what?
    I logged onto bfbc2 to try and map everything out, couldnt figure it out. no difference from b4 i installed xpadder. I should be assigning stuff by clicking the joystick column and assigning buttons by pressing on the controller right? Thanks for the post, havent found much help from google. TY!!!

14. PegasusM

PegasusM Stand back, I'm doing science

thanks for sharing although I can't help but point out that you will have a disadvantage playing against people using k/m (most people on the pc).

15. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

been searching for this, but still not ideal.

k/m for shooting, of course, but for flying helicopter, the controller will be better, if DICE includes native support. currently, the helicopter does not return to levelled position on releasing analogue joystick, so it's impossible to fly the heli using the joystick.

16. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Flying a helicopter with a KB+M isn't too hard. Just jump on an empty Atacama Desert Conquest server and practise to your heart's content. A good half hour or so should give you enough confidence to fly them on a populated server without crashing (though remember the Blackhawks are much less maneuverable). Personally I find it a bit easier with the vertical fly option selected in the settings menu, even though it's counter-intuitive at first.