1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bad Company 2 User Names

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by FuzzyOne, 7 Mar 2010.

1. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Get your arse on the CPC server.

2. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Will be on for most of today ;) Was on till 6am this morning. The whole hits not registering with sniper rile if bugging me a bit tho. Wish there was some thing to tell you if you were within range or not as opposed to just guessing with the dots on the scope pff.

3. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Nobody's added meee :( Anyways, you're better off adding my steam so that I can join you if you're on. Am jobless so am on, a lot. Steam is piggie1987.

4. bluespider42

bluespider42 Minimodder

bluespider42 - BC2 and Steam, new player just bought in steam sale. if anyone wants to add.

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

It is annoying that you can only have 20 people on your BC2 friends list.
    Greg, I'll add you a bit later. Same for you Spider. We've still got a server running for BC2, but I think the traffic is dying down at the moment as Brink gets closer.

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

come and play on the CPC server :) no one's adding other people because friends list has a 20 player limit, so it's impossible to add everyone on here. in fact, my list is already full.

grrr, ninja'd. still, join the CPC server! :D ZiiP runs Hardcore, CPC runs normal mode.

7. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I actually prefer normal mode tbh. Call me a newb, but hey. Oh, and I only just found out from fellow member about silenced weapons stopping you from coming up on the map :D Quite handy that, as I find myself often shooting through trees just at the little red triangle and getting hits lol. I'm sure those ppl can't be too happy thinking , what!? WHERE?.

8. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Aye, the friend limit is damn annoying...

Wasn't / Isn't there a petition on their forums to increase the limit?

Oh...
    Don't know if I posted em here before, but:
    BFBC2 - DaftLordDeadBolt
    Steam User ID - either DL_DeadBolt or DLDeadBolt
    Steam name - default is usually [R4L] Daft Lord DeadBolt

9. wyx087

silenced don't show up on minimap? non-silenced show up on minimal? that's the first time i've heard of this and that may explain why i play better with engineer SMG's and VSS.

10. Seabrook

Seabrook What's a Dremel?

That's common on the majority of online shooters to be honest. Why would your location show up if you used a silencer, would pretty much void the purpose of the silencer in the first place.

11. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I've done some digging. Looks like it doesn't work like that in this game after all. The general consensus is that it just makes you more stealthy. I.e if someone looks at you while you are firing, you show up on mini map. I really would like some more clarification on this so if anyone can help out with this one I'd appreciate it.

Ok, I've done some more searching. If you are seen, you show up on the map, having fired or not. Oh well. No matter. Still would have been nice if the silencer made you invisible. Meh.

Last edited: 9 May 2011
  12. KiNETiK

KiNETiK What's a Dremel?

STaTioN-X

13. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

I could go all "FUUUU HOLLYWOOD!!11!! It's a ducking Surpressor, not a Silencer, you ****ing dingbats. Herpa Derpa" :wallbash:

But I shall refrain from doing so :D

Edit: Leaving typo there as its hilarious

14. wyx087

i thought the point of it was to not give away position by sound. eg, good players can turn toward the sound quite quickly (me with my 5.1 speaker setup :D it's human nature to look towards a sound) so firing a suppressed weapon will not give enemy anything apart from visual feedback, which requires a little time to process for the brain (not human nature to have HUD showing where the damage came from)

also, as far as i remember, SMG's don't have bullet trails, neither does VSS.

15. bluespider42

bluespider42 Minimodder

Didn't realise the friend list limit, feel free to add me on steam though. If I've time I'll be on the CPC server tonight to provide you all with some newb canon fodder.

16. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Oh another thing, I didn't know about 'spotting'. I've read you hold q when looking at an enemy for them to show up on the map??? Is that correct? Can someone elaborate for who/how that works?

17. Chuwero

Chuwero What's a Dremel?

Q! Press Q always! see something interesting? Press Q! Seriously. Spot an enemy and press Q and it shows up on everyones screen as a red triangle. Very handy. Includes vehicles and whatnot too.

Also my name is Chuwero on BFBC2. I sometimes hop on the CPC server.

18. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

^ As he said, basically just spam Q whenever you have someone in your sights, even when they're too far away to reliably kill. In fact especially then as it's all you can do from that range and it makes your team aware to any flankers or snipers that a friendly sniper can take out.

Just checking that you do know that you have to lead the target (aim in front) and compensate for bullet drop (aim above your target) depending on the range and the range finders on the scope act as a slight guidance for this. It's not as if there's a certain range where you will just miss 100% of the time, it's just more difficult to judge how much you need to lead your shots. Maybe you're already doing this but it's an easy mistake to make when you're coming from games that use hitscans such all Call of Duty.

19. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

^I've started doing it, but it's still a bit hit and miss. If there was some upgrade that told you distance, wind speed etc, therefore aim here, that would be sweet, as in real life, you've got someone telling you these things so you dial in x compensation, but anyway.

Oh and in case anyone didn't know this, like I didn't until today, a game ends when the 'tickets' have run out, i.e how many times you can respawn etc, a ticket can be regained by someone using defib pads on you. Something I only found out today. Where do you guys get all this info? Is there a wikia for this game? I didn't see any obvious multiplayer tutorial with the game which seems a bit wrong imho.

20. wyx087