1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Battlefield 1943 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 16 Jul 2009.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Haha, you're right. Oh so very right. That's why I much prefer PC games - You can accidentally the HUD. Can't do a damned thing about regen health. That's actually one of the most annoying things about 1943 - I miss being able to take steady shots at the enemy like in 1942. Ahwell. Single shot to the brain tends to solve that issue.

Another decent Vietnam game would go down a treat. Not so sure about the forgotten war, though. I suspect it's too inconsistant for a solid game to be made out of it. It'd be nice to see a good one, but I doubt it'll happen any time soon.

QFMFT

2. Kris.

Kris. What's a Dremel?

This game is one of the worst games i have ever played..

3. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

I would say that Killzone makes a good exsample of a great console FPS.

They may one day make a game based on the napoleon wars.. 6 rounds per min, small chance of hitting and so much smoke from the gun that you can't see the enemy anyway.

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

5. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

The soldier in the pic looks like GI Jane

6. liratheal

Console FPS games leave a hell of a lot to be desired, but Killzone 2 had intentional weapon lag - People bitch about it because they can't spin everything around and aim perfectly in three one hundredths of a second - But despite the fantasy setting, a lot of work went into the realism of the universe - Especially the guns. Even on the PC it'd respond 'slowly' by our current ideas for speed in games.

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

dont get me wrong i enjoyed killzone 2 as it did have some excellent redeeming features, but there were parts of the gameplay which the control system just made it impossible and frustrating.

8. liratheal

One thing I did have trouble with was getting decent precision - It's something that affects Bf1943 too - but that's something I've come to live with >.>

9. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I've faced it, and gotten used to it, I have no problems whatsoever using a controller to play an FPS, and then you have to realise, everyone is on is using one too, so you're at no disadvantage.

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

your assuming i actually bothered with multiplayer, with consoles having an age bracket anywhere from 5 to 25 i prefer a slighty more mature gaming audience hence i pc game, sure there are twats out there but im not tripping over them as long as i stay away from CSS and COD4

11. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

That's the same principle as an able bodied person playing wheelchair basketball. Everybody is hindered by the chair, so that makes it fair. And fair it is. But for all the fairness you never get to slam dunk. In other words, everybody is tied to mediocrity. I've seen FPS players on the PC who'd shoot your face off before you could think, and sure, it can suck to play against them, but that's the marriage of gamer and interface at the highest level; a mouse and keyboard player can be quick as thought and deadly as all hell. On a console what have you got? Everybody is slow. It can be fun but it's never truly competitive because you're fighting the controls more than the enemy. The PC FPS is Formula 1, the console FPS is the Dodgems*.

*And I say this fully aware that there are plenty of cool things about Dodgems and things that suck a bit with F1 too.

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Then you obviously haven't played against really good players, you do get plenty of people who are amazingly quick with analogue sticks, I would say I'm as quick on a console as I am on a PC. All it takes is practice.

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

yeah. right.

14. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

It's not about the players it's the hardware and software. Console games are slower paced. Control pads are less sensitive. You can put a racing driver in a tractor but he'll still only go at tractor speed.

Tags: Add Tags