1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Battlefield 3 has 10 co-op maps

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 27 Jun 2011.

1. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

Was waiting for this. Dice have separate teams that work on MP and SP, i would image the SP team worked on this, and they knew it would be taking up some time so imo it'll all be scheduled.

Personally I'm really looking forward to the SP I think it'll be a nice introduction to the game, also I dont think we get enough co-op experiences (I'm looking at you bulletstorm) so yeah, all for it.

2. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

OMGRAGERAGERAGERAGE!!!!!!!!11111one1!!!!

So you're actually against DICE including more for your money?

3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I can certainly see where he's coming from, he'd rather get more attention to multiplayer for his money. Any time and effort spent on SP is time and effort that isn't being put into making more maps, developing new game modes, play testing for balance and bugs, adding new features or, most importantly in my mind, making sure their server browser is up to snuff and will actually work on release. For instance, if there was no SP we might have all of the Back to Karkand pack completed on release and included for free.

4. Nikumba

Nikumba Member

Well if this is on the PC I would like to think it will have LAN play for co-op but I doubt LAN play will be possible

5. notmeagain

notmeagain Member

Sh*******t.

I found Bad Company 2 to be one of the most enjoyable single player campaigns in a long time!
    It had me from the first "Press middle mouse to stab this dude in the nuts" all the way to "Damn, the russians are invading" nod to Cod.

Investing time and money in single player campaigns gives the developers more experience in working with the engine, and overall more experience in games development as a whole.

Limiting yourself to the "Elitist MP only or GTFO" crowd is ridiculous, the next logical step would be "MMO BF OR GTFO". tut.

6. Ergath

Ergath Giant Zombie Pigeon Photographer

With due deference to the previous poster, BFBC2 had one of the most cringe-inducingly mindless, badly written and derivative SP campaigns I have ever played. The buttock-clenchingly bad dialogue had me crying blood at some points, and the whole thing reeked of console (feel free to flame me for being a elitist PC-snob - I don't mind).

In fairness I did complete it, so it wasn't completely unenjoyable and I'd definitely rather there was a SP campaign, rather than BF2's "just bots" SP/multiplayer. I'm open minded about BF3's SP, particularly with the promise of co-op. Bring it on!

7. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

blah blah, i think what he means is bf is a multiplayer experience. They should punt it out as such, make the singleplayer a DLC add-on for anyone that wants it. More $ in the end for them and keeps me happy.

Bf was pc fun and bfbc has breached the gap onto consoles in previous years. No matter how good it looks i`m still scared the console wonga mode is going to be very apparent in BF3.

8. jamsand

jamsand Well-Known Member

Damn it this means I'll need to make atleast 1 friend for the game coming out lol. Should be fun though :D co-op is how games should be played brng people together till viciously blowing the apart whent here is a level you can't do lol.

9. JohnSheridan

JohnSheridan New Member

Co-Op for 2 players only - wow that's gonna make me rush out and buy it - not.

Can't their game cope with 4 or 8 player co-op then? Been playing Brink and that has 8-player co-op as standard.

10. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

lol yeah coz brink is a good game to compare BF2 too.....

11. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

It would blend unless you get a digital copy then......

12. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Member

Are you being obtuse on purpose?

These co-op maps have been DESIGNED for two players only - it's not a case of not "being able to handle it". It's a design decision they've made for the co-op element of the game. If you want to play with more players (like, say, 64 players) then play the regular Conquest-style games ergo BF2.

And how on earth you can compare BF3 to Brink (or should I say, Stink) I have no idea. Besides the fact that Stink doesn't even work properly for many people, myself included, the game is a giant turd.

13. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

It's designed for direct competition with 2 player co-op features found in the Call of Duty series. It was well recieved in that series and based on the majority of reactions here it will be well recieved for BF3.
    We'll just ignore the 64 player multiplayer. :rolleyes:

Tags: Add Tags