1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Battlefield 3 PC Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 28 Oct 2011.

1. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Member

you are talking about your experience in beta? why? the beta build is 6 months old, it is not a demo. I dont understand why people make decisions based on a beta, the gameplay was clearly good in beta, just a few issues like netcode, hit detection and balance needed to be sorted out, I had every confidence in DICE to do that in time for release, and they have for 95% of it, still a bit of work to be done but thats expected.
    Your loss for cancelling anyway, the game is fantastic,

yassarikhan786 likes this.
  2. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Yep, I agree. I don't know why some people base their opinions about a game on the "testing" stage.

3. GrandeP

GrandeP New Member

Pretty much sums you up there, a PC elitist who cries boo hoo over anything console related.

4. megamale

megamale Member

Am I the only one with mouse problems? It's driving crazay and AFAIK this game is unplayable. The mouse keeps on stuttering, you can't make small movements. Aiming is impossible.

I fiddled witht he settings all I could, but it seems that I am going to wait for a patch.

5. sakzzz

sakzzz Member

FYI: Anyone having problems with nvidia cards crashing, try dialing down your clock frequency through msi afb. Worked for me.

6. David164v8

David164v8 Member

It's reaaly fun. I got kinda frustrated with my jet flying skills however ;P

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Not being a full time multiplayer type I'm very glad they included a single player campaign to shake some rust off :D great way to get more people into it rather than jumping in with people who drill the multiplayer making newbs or part timers think they are too crap at it when it's just a matter of the ones who whoop all ass spend way to much time playing :lol: gives a chance to learn the game a bit before jumping in with GSI (genuine spontaneous intelligence) where it's way more challenging than AI :), the single player will be my training ground for multiplayer, better to do that than get fed up with getting wasted every second & getting bored of it :D.

It's nice when I don't feel the need to read a review every now & then but good show for getting 1 up for release day :) my rig handles it sweet on ultra @ 1080p :D.

yassarikhan786 likes this.
  8. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

I definitely agree with this. At first I was getting owned left and right and now I can hold my own :).

9. SB-1991

SB-1991 New Member

I received my copy in the post today from HMV. Unfortunately I'm really dissappointed in the game. I'm sure it's amazing, but all I get is unplayable lag. In SP the audio and video is jittery after the first mission on the train. The cutscenes jitter were dialogue is repeated twice. The same continues into MP. There seems to be a lot of the same issues across the world wide web. I can only hope a patch is released asap.

10. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Well-Known Member

I managed to completed the SP game lastnigt. Took me about 5 hours. The story was good and the visuals were good, however the game was letdown completely by the crap hit detection, the ever increasing about of scripted scenes that got more frequent the further through the game you went and the AI that allways seemed to know where you were even if they had no line of sight to you. Oh the incredibly liner maps were also a pain. I felt I could have been playing the SP campaign from MW3...

I've only done a little of the MP game and have enjoyed what I have played on that, after numerous issues with the crappy battlelog interface (which I hope to never see again after BF3). Sadly the Co-Op mode does not allow you to play through the SP story, proberbly due to all the crappy scripted scenes...

11. x5pilot

x5pilot Fragile explosion

Finished the game - good game but not worth all the hype imo.
    Not a big multiplayer fan so yet another shelf bound paperweight after a 7 hours of play :(
    At least I can uninstall this Origin crap!
    I guess I have COD to look forward to, wonder if it'll be better???

12. Hazchem

Hazchem Member

Why the hell did you buy it if you don't want to play multiplayer!?

13. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r New Member

You, Sir, are an idiot.

14. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r New Member

Yes, but he also happens to be right. Just think of all the Battlefield series games that, whilst they were pc exclusive titles, had little or no single player. It was all about multiplayer. It was only when BF:BC came out that a story-drive single player appeared, because Bad Company was basically a console version of Battlefield. Ever since Quake 3, pc gamers have become used to multiplayer only games, and have still lapped them up. It's the console generation that hasn't got used to this concept yet. Now I don't have a problem with having a single player mode, so long as it doesn't take away from development of the multiplayer. Battlefield has been, and always SHOULD be, about the multiplayer.

15. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Member

No you shmuck. It'll be exactly like all the other CODs. Same engine, same netcode, same unlocks, same guns, same story (just change some names/locations) and same maps (oh but be prepared to pay extra for them). There's a reason why all the hype has been around bf3 and all I've seen or heard of mw3 is sites/mags with early access saying it is severely disappointing oh and supermarkets have had mw3 preorder stands.

16. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Hey everyone, about the origin being spyware I have a couple questions after seeing many concerns about the EULA you have to agree with to play their games, I would have been playing it already if I didn't come accross word of origin being intrusive spyware but don't know if it's blown out of proportion like most DRM which doesn't really bother me.

Reminds me of the apple & centipede episode of south park :hehe:.

Does it just do hardware stat checks to find out who they can cater for like what GPU, CPU, OS etc.

Or does it scan all contents on your hdd & pretty much everything you do 24-7 also, I'm puzzled & considering uninstalling everything EA related & avoiding everything they make but would like to know from people who know before I do uninstall & think of EA as worst game company ever.

17. Krazeh

Krazeh Well-Known Member

No it doesn't.

18. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks Krazeh, so it's definitely blown out of proportion it seems :lol: so it is just for knowing what hardware their customers have like on steam.

19. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Yes and no.
    Fire up SysInternals Process Monitor and watch what Origin is actually doing in terms of file system access and it isn't a pretty sight.
    There's plenty of hyperbole and tinfoil-hat sensationalism going on around it, but I definitely saw it parsing the contents of my ProgramData folder as well as a few other things on my system; such as other hard drive volumes which have nothing to do with Origin or BF3.
    Seeing Origin parsing the contents of my Blizzard games folder set alarm bells ringing in my head.

Maybe EA wouldn't be stupid/underhanded enough to use Origin as spyware, but I'm running it and BF3 sandboxed just to be sure. :)
    Origin gets access only to its own folder, Origin games and the files it needs to run; nothing else.

Given the shitty track record of companies in the games industry lately with regard to data protection and security of information I'm really not inclined to give EA anything more about me than they need to let me play the game.

Krikkit and Waynio like this.
  20. x5pilot

x5pilot Fragile explosion

uz1_l0v3r, I assure you I'm not an idiot... however I am someone with an opinion about a game that should be allowed to make a comment on this forum without being accused of being one.
    I have always enjoyed playing PC based single player games since the original Wolfenstien, however now due to work and family in typical year I probably get to play maybe 2 or 3 games in total.
    Multi player doesn't appeal to me for several reasons, but only one of which is having to share a platform with stand up models of society such as yourself.

Bede and Zurechial like this.
Tags: Add Tags