1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

Can't wait for bf2014, 2015 etc

2. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

I had not seen Independence Day before you mentioned it ^^;. However, yes like that. I didn't envision the thing in the air, but it could work. Just give the other team lots of access to air vehiecles, especially transports or something to bus troops up to the ship itself if they want to try taking it down from the inside, and leave the ground troops to try damaging it as much as possible. The ship team spawns on the ship, and if they want to jump down to get rid of some of the people on the ground, they can either parachute down or have a limited number of vehicles drop off the ship with them in it to engage :D. Taking the ship down from the inside would ideally be just like arming an m-com or maybe planting a bomb yourself on specific areas of the ship. Speaking of targeting areas, the ground forces should be able to take out key components that cripple but do not stop the deathship as well ^^.

Ship can't be that big though :p.

Now I wanna go watch that movie.

3. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Random thought: What if all of this is just a farce? The first mission or two is "prequel" showing some events that occur in 2014-15, then the game flashes forward and boom! It's 100 years later and the effects of what occur way back when are extrapolated out and we get the BF 2143(ish) game we all wanted?

There could be MP maps that occur in modern times and future times, with a whole different slew of weapons, vehicles and loadouts depending on which timeline you're playing in.

I know that sounds like waaaayy too much work/development but it'd be awesome :thumb:

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Can't say it's something i'm wanting tbh, but then i never played the original.

5. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

You missed out there bud, Titan mode was and still is one of the best a great mix between conquest and rush.

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Sounds like a good blend, as for future warfare settings/gear - well, not too bothered about that though.

Not sure why I'm commenting though, like I say having not played the original I can't have a strong position on the matter.

So with that I should just shut the frak up. :)

7. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Was the premium expansion thing ever cleared up on the pre-order? Do we know if it's a singular DLC say like with BF3 and Karkand, or if it's going to be BF3 + premium?

Either way, I see how they've snuck another £5 into the price of games, i'll assume that'll go towards making a single player.

8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

That also sounds brilliant, but EA's corporate strategy seems to be 'fund what sells for other people, but put it on Origin'

It seem even Bad Company was too 'out there' for them to continue with it, it's all about getting as close to Modern Warfare as possible. Speaking of which, the BF4 trailer even had those little slow motion vignettes that Call of Duty has, I don't remember those in Bad Company or 3.

9. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

I get that and I was sold on customisation, but I've had experience with it in Blacklight: Retribution: 17 muzzles, 19 barrels and 14 stocks, and the decent players use the best parts. They all want the same things accuracy and dmg so you end up with this - my builds, using the same dmg and accuracy parts. The reality is that only bad players use a variety of stuff, and a lot of times I'm wondering what possessed them to the parts they did, and sometimes when I'm looking to pick up a kit, I wish they just used the standard/default AR.

I doubt BF4 will have run speed modifiers and unless an attachment turns a weapon from 4 shot to 3 shot kills. Then the only worth a damn parts will be the accuracy ones, because as it stands the growth of spread from firing is of more concern than recoil increases. That actually is something quite different to BL:R, it did have spread bloom, but has been patched to constant, they also reduced, significantly random recoil and replaced with recoil patterns.

That's the sort of thing I was going for, reducing the involvement of air with the battlefield, they are having their dog fights off somewhere, and then have a reward when the take out the other jet by being able deliver ordinance (Paveway/Brimstone/Hellfire/JDAM (from memory, I wouldn't be surprised if one or more are actually ground to ground) - instead of 70 year old dumb fire rockets). Also that recon on the hill actually has something to do and the guy taking his tags is serving a great function to their team-mates. Respawn timers would be fast, so they only have time for 2 passes before being re-engaged. Also having seen talk of 'commander mode' - put that in a spawn in an AWACS, and have them run the replacement to Centurion (which memory tells me is ship defense system from Exocet type missile attacks) deployable SAM sites. Among what other things they could do. The AWACS could also be engage as something else for the pilots to do instead of ground-attack.

SP might be worth playing then.

10. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

BF4 should just be MP, leave the COD cloning to MOH.

More info on the Centurion.

11. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Ah, a derivative of Phalanx

12. rollo

rollo Modder

Problem for EA is COD has alot mores sales at the moment ( making activision rich)and is massively hyped every launch they want battlefield to have that level of sales and hype. Whilst the people playing don't want that to happen.

Sports games are still EAs biggest sellers to the day.

13. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I think the problem is that EA and most publishers don't get that making such large budget games and advertising is equitable to a gamble.

I don't DICE getting axed like Visceral. D:

14. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

But EA sports is a really bad comparison, because for the most part EA sports is a monopoly. With the shooters they're in a truly competitive market, but they seem determined to make their prime franchises into the game equivalent of those straight to DVD rip off movies that follow blockbusters around the release calender.

It's madness, a lot of people who buy CoD buy one shooter a year, because all their mates buy it too. EA spends enough on market analysis/research, they must know that no matter what they make that market isn't interested.

Who knows, maybe $17 a share from $60 a few years ago is what they really want. Weirder has happened...

15. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

16. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Last edited: 1 Apr 2013
  17. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Just got my hands on a copy of the Killzone Shadowfall press video. It's the same gameplay as from the Playstation meeting but being played by a different person so it's the same run but he goes about some stuff differently.

The real reason for the vid though is that it's at a much higher bitrate than the ones you'll find on Youtube, so you get to see all of the pretty graphics better. Just wanted to say... it really gives BF4 a run for it's money. Other than the faces, which I think BF4 looks a lot better.

Here's the link

18. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Did you ever find out if you had the beta? I bought premium from India and I don't have it. :waah:

19. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Same, but can't complain for £18 really! :thumb:

20. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

It's pretty interesting seeing the stuff you guys come up with based off the first gameplay video we've showed thus far :p