1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

I've noticed a 'new' bug around grenades. specifically throwing them and seeing them fly down the corridor and then being killed by it some how. I've noticed it specifically when throwing two (RGO) grenades back to back, first goes no problem, second follows the same path except I get killed (and depending on the map) end up tk'ing.

Anyone else seen this?

2. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Watch the "death shield" video

3. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

sigh, I'm really starting to get annoyed with this sort of stuff now. With every patch there seems to be a ream of new bugs introduced. fix one and add 10

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I uninstalled this yesterday as they seem to have introduced a bug that makes my mouse just randomly turn me one way and then I start moving without, touching my keyboard.

At first I thought something was wrong with my pc but I checked with other games and they all run fine, with no issues in terms of random mouse movements or player movements.

5. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Minimodder

How can a massive company with years of experience, and money to invest in the best staff/developers bork a game up so much? Was it purely because it was rushed to get it released? I'm just baffled at where it went so wrong that's all.

6. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

I'm also having problems connecting to battlelog, even signing into origin. I'm on virginmedia, dont seem to be having problems rendering other pages. Anyone else with issues?

big delays with: eaassets-a.akamaihd.net (yslow reports ~3min on some assets)

Last edited: 23 Apr 2014
  7. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

BF3 did not have enough time in developement as Dice shifted from PC lead developement to console to get the game out in time for release, pc took a while to get fixed.

With BF4 you have 5 versions to develop for- 3 out first and then the final 2 for the new gen consoles, really it would have been better to push out the console version and hold PC back until its ready.

8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Easy, EA sets the release schedule, the budget, the platforms to be released on and almost all of the feature list.

The result has been DICE making BF4 for five separate platforms, whilst also running BF3 and it's expansions, whilst also making BF4 the biggest and most complicated BF game to date.

Apparently EA's budget didn't allow for playtesting and the time frame was much too short, but since the game sold 9million copies so far (reportedly) I doubt they care at all.

Also, every DICE game ever has been a complete mess on release, BF4 is particularly bad though. I suspect if it was up to them Battlefield would be PC only, most of the guns and unlocks would vanish and the modes would be Conquest, Rush, CTF and TDM, it would still be a mess though...

9. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Last edited: 8 May 2014
  10. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

11. donok

donok Every Little Helps .....

is their a list of origin ids for bittech. I just got my system setup and would love to play with some mates from here

Last edited: 9 May 2014
  12. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

I was in it, but apparently have now been removed :<

13. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

So CTE talk, there's been some miss information about tickrates and such so to clarify; BF4 servers and clients both operated and 30hz, clients updated servers at 30hz but servers updated clients at 10hz. CTE is testing 30hz update from server and is working wonders. Although people with bad slow iNet pipes can suffer down stream packet loss, but there is an option to reduce the amount of server updates you receive.

Now what is becoming more apparent is a client side desync, something I've always noticed but never seen others mention... until now. The problem with this "issue" is that identifying reproducible situation where it occurs is the road block to salvation.

14. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

This "de-sync" does it manifest itself as very short random pauses or hangs?

15. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

If you like being on the losing team, and playing in 'try hard mode', then my id is Rotten_Necros. I don't do infantry or random stuff , I only tank/lav/boat/MAA. I seldom join on my friends as most of them are 8v8 players (heavy vehicle players ) and games generally tend to get a bit stale with the enemy team outcapped. Caught a few fun games tonight with me and a random guy on zavod, he went 15-5 the poor chap, but at least he wasn't spamming the fook out of the 50 cal, was engineer, and hopped out to repair whenever I did, and also had proxy, so I cant complain. On Rogue, I had a friend of mine trying to take down some other guy in the attack jet who was using a glitch to not take any damage from the miniguns of enemy jets. The other friend was in the other tank at first but switched it up every so often in the attack jet and then back to the second tank. It seems that sometimes it's more fun with a team thats bad, when the enemies keep coming for you since you get more kills.

Oh and excuse the tag, that's a shout out to all the people who use vehicles as taxi's, who and generally all the people you DON'T want in a vehicle with you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I might give this CTE thing a try. Not worth it at the moment since I'm at home in Greece for a week, but when I get back to the UK and I've got my fiber connection back, I'll be keen to see how things feel

Last edited: 16 May 2014
  16. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

^ Vehicle collisions are should be better, TV missile is supposed to be nicer to control. Don't think you'd get much more out of it

No, it's more like you and 'they' have 20ms pings but one of you actually have a higher ping. I observe it by receiving damage before shots are fired, explosives detonate, being killed slightly early. It's very marginal, not readily noticeable.

17. fix-the-spade

That bug happens (or seems to happen) from the attacking jet's end, not the the other way round. The guns register hits but register no damage, when it happens it can either apply to other air vehicles or all target entirely.

I've had it happen a bunch of times and it's more or less random. Nobody seems to know the criteria to cause it.

On the flip side, when it ends you sometimes get all the damage from previous shots register at once. On more than one occasion I've fired at a target, hit them exactly once, only for them to immediately explode with 100pts damage, disable, destroy and kill. This works on other jets, tanks and attack boats, it's hilarious.

18. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

So, I should have started playing ESL Vs alot sooner, really enjoying it.

A close game, the end gets intense:

19. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Does anyone else here find that they do a lot worse when playing infantry in bf4, than they did in 3? I don't think its got anything to do with me not being used to the maps. Personally I think it's down to the the simple fact that in 3 you knew when you were being shot, wheras in 4, the second you get shot, I find that there's no second chance, that's it. I'll be interested to try out the CTE when I get home, but as it stands I just don't find infantry play or gunplay anywhere as enjoyable as it should be.

20. fix-the-spade

I don't do 'worse' but I have less fun.

BF4's mouse acceleration make snap aiming harder, plus you can't turn it completely off to get that direct feeling you could in BF3.

Then the hit detection is so bad that low fire rate weapons (like my beloved UMP) are basically useless, high RoF weapons can deal a lethal amount of damage every other tick, whilst a slow one needs at least three but normally four or five with the lost shots. So a guy with a fast gun can just turn round and hose you even if you shoot first (and hit), never had that problem with BF3. BF3 would 'lose' some of your shots too, but nothing like the rate BF4 does, even discounting the death shield.