1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Yup, that disparity in player numbers is about to get a whole lot bigger.

2. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

That was part of past BF games section of it, before you get to the hardline bits.

3. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

How is the BF3 community still?

BF4 is toilet, really havent gotten into it like I did the previous 3 games.

4. loftie

loftie Multimodder

So this is the leaked video of Hardline (Omaha).

Don't think it looks good, planes and helicopters with miniguns. Seems legit in a cops vs robbers scenario. Touting the 'highly destructible' thing again. I still think BC2 was best for destructibility. I bet I'd probably think the game looked alright if it wasn't called Battlefield tbh.

5. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Looks like drivel.

TBH its not the content that bugs me it is the game mechanics.

Just went through a few rounds of BF3 and it is SUPERB compared to BF4. Just got 40 plus kills as inf in a round, I find it near impossible to do that on BF4.

6. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

BC2 destruction was pretty limited as the maps where 32 players max with the same buildings in a small map.

7. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

If anyone else has signed up for CTE, you can copy your KEY bindings by going to c:\user\My Documents\Battlefield 4\settings - select the profsave_profile and control+c it
    then goto: c:\user\my documents\battlefield 4 cte\settings and paste it into here (ctrl+v)
    when/if prompted select overwrite.

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

9. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

So it looks like the "Netcode Update" has hit, anyone else tried it yet?

The game feels a hell of a lot sharper with it set to "High" (30hz, so far as I can determine), there's so much more feedback on shots, and TTKs are much more measurable and consistent, the game just feels more mechanically sound, I find i'm actually aiming for the head now, since I have a way higher chance of the hit actually registering more than before, the difference is clearly noticeable, especially with semi-auto weapons like DMRs, previously I found I'd waste 2-3 extra rounds at a target because I wasn't sure if they'd actually died by that point, now I rarely find myself overspending ammo from slower firing guns, and even then: Not by anywhere near as much.

The issue is that because TTKs feel so much shorter, previously powerful guns have ascended to completely ridiculous levels, The Ace 23 has gone from being rather annoying to just flat out death in most peoples hands, and the Famas has moved up, since it spits out bullets so fast that you don't get a reply when you've only got 1/3rd the response time, it means the game can feel more frustrating, since there's not that extra network latency buffer code, so you had extra time to respond to someone opening up on you, now: experienced players will completely stomp those whom aren't as accurate or fast, I've gone from decidedly meh to pretty awful in regards to my firefight survival times as a result.

Although seriously, who the heck thought the Ace 23 was balanced? I've just picked it up for a toy after giving pretty much every single other Non-DLC AR a try (Barring the CZ-805) and it just feels flat better than all of them, it's silly controllable, fires rather quickly and has snappy reloads if you don't run it dry, where is the downside?!

Last edited: 4 Jun 2014
  10. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

My game won't launch, just dragged all my files from a HDD I took out of my desktop i've sold onto
    a laptop. The battlelog keeps asking me to install an update but the game itself is up to date. Is the game trying to tell me it needs authentication the battlelog at the top is saying PREMIUM but origin overlay is Battlefield 4 with no premium. I brought the game expansion from Game online store a while ago.

I thought when activated once that's it when the game is installed on any pc away you go.

11. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Is it shouting at you about expansions?

12. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Try opening up origin right-clicking on BF4 and selecting "Repair Game" and let that run, it might just be that some of the registry entries weren't properly sorted when you first got the game, if it still doesn't work: It looks like you might wind up going down the painful path of completely re-downloading the entire game.

As for Premium; It'll show up as DLC/Expansions for your game, so just Right-click it in Origin and select "View Game Details" and it should show that you all currently released expansion plus Premium.

13. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

If it is to do with dlc and asking about add ons a simple reg edit fixes things.

14. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I had this recently, the solution was that one of DLCs was reading as if it wasn't installed when it was. The solution was to tell it to install the DLC.

15. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Yes just tried it today and just got onto Golmoud railway. When trying to go onto nansha strike it asked for China rising expansion.

Automatically put me on Low, but notched up to medium and plays well. I do believe the 8670m is equivalent to a 5770 and so may be able to get a few settings on high.

May be time to play a bit more sniper and do more caming:naughty:

Last edited: 5 Jun 2014
  16. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

It does show premium when clicked on it takes me to battlelog.

Ok thanks

Doesn't seem to give me that option but just to repair game.

17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Just had 5 extremely good rounds on the new Dragons Teeth DLC. Not because of new maps, or weapons and what have you, but just phenomenal squad play with others in ZiiP.

The new maps are quite nice, not too vehicle heavy and the new weapons seem decent enough, but unbelievably good games :)

18. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Had no desire to play this game for a while now but i suppose i will have to see what the new DLC is like. Tonight for me then

19. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Jumped on for a quick round last night, first time playing Sunken Dragon. Virtually the whole team trapped in our spawn and roof campers on the A flag with AA taking down the chopper as soon as it spawned.

Next round, a brief spell on Pearl Market before major rubber banding then the server died.... hopefully will get on tonight to play some more.

Initial verdict: Meh...

20. Bede

Bede Minimodder

One can only hope that the "netcode" improvements make it into subsequent games at launch.