1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

I'm sure they will be purchasable, but I don't see any indication that certain items/unlocks will only be available to people willing to pay. If people want to buy battlepacks instead of waiting till they've reached whatever xp level is needed then why should it bother me? And tbh having briefly looked through the current loadouts i can't see anything essential that requires a battlepack to unlock.

2. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Yeah but no one is forcing you to buy them, just pay the game to unlock what you want. If you get a bonus for ranking up that's a good thing!

As for the battle screen Log into battle log on your other device join a game and on the bottom you'll see an option for battle screen
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlescreen/show

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Pay to win players will be ridiculed and the skilled players will dominate. Unless the battlepacks contain op weapons!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

4. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

5. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

6. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

I'm amazed that so many of you think optimisation is some kind of silver bullet, also that BF3 wasn't CPU bound.

Even on a 2500k at 4ghz was frame rates were dictated by CPU performance, albeit at over 60fps, which is why most didn't notice it. Now environment have become slightly more complicated, which use CPU time to model. If you consider that these element of the environment, and their states, all that could be calculated in parallel as what baring does broken window #45 have on bollard #2 or car alarm #11.

7. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

are the XP boosts permanent?

8. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Erm no. Same as the unlocks you get now wont count nor will the rank count. Everything starts over when bf4 is released.

9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

No, they last one hour of playing time, then back to stock XP rate.

10. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I actually did see big gains in performance from OCing my 2500K from stock to 4.4Ghz in BF3. However BF4 on my current setup is an absolute mess, and you can tell its not down to performance but optimisation because half the time the fps crashes I'm just running along a street with zero action on screen.

I've zero doubt that the full game will be a MASSIVE improvement for those running Nvidia cards and Win7. For everyone else, I'd agree, you won't see a huge boost.

11. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

So it looks like the Battlepacks are random, but still. it's a free boost. I still can't see why people complain about this.

12. tuk

tuk Don't Tase Me, Bro!

Loving the game so far, it's like the proper successor to BF2.

13. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I'm REALLY liking the new APCs and trucks, great fun to drive, and really different handling wise.

14. tuk

tuk Don't Tase Me, Bro!

It took me literally only a few mins to master the choppers as opposed to taking weeks in previous BFs.

15. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

To me they feel no different to BF3! :eek:

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Agreex fuus took me five mins and I was flying about like baws.

Though accidents do happen.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

17. tuk

tuk Don't Tase Me, Bro!

Maybe its more obvious in 3rd person view, but the level of control or micro adjustments are completely different, I was able to get the chopper completely still with no movement at all & then went on to land on the end of the crane arm on the first attempt ...this is a lot harder on BF3.

18. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

So I have overclocked my 670s under water and I can get vsyncy goodness at 2460x1440 on high settings. Ultra seems to be too much for the system. I'm sure if I spent sometime I could optimise the graphics settings to find a nice balance between ultra and high. Vsync seems to interfere with smoke effects though and make them...funny.

19. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

This is mad! I hope that they sort out the performance for everyone because on a single 7970 I can run v sync, 1440p everything on ultra and its smooth as butter!

Cant be right!

20. TheL4mka

TheL4mka Minimodder

WOW! Looking forward to see teasers! :))