1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I'm very sorry to hear that :hehe:

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Beta for Premium is a good move, well done DICE.

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Well-Known Member

Parge, how about no.

I've been playing Battlefield since 1942 came out all the way back in 2002 and I play in PC land where dumb pubbers who tk all the time get hit with an auto kick, I want it back to cut down the tank spam.

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Well-Known Member

Ah, Warfighter had its merits to be fair, some nice ideas (Fireteam system), but massively flawed :)

5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

A rumor this is landing in fall 2013, i guess that's autumn time in English speak

6. Archtronics

Archtronics Well-Known Member

I would imagine it will land same time as the ps4.

7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Indeed, that would certainly go some way to improving their image to some. To others it won't make a blind bit of difference as biatching is all they're good at.

Would be great to see this come to premium users. :thumb:

8. Eiffie

Eiffie New Member

Does anyone know if Punkbuster will be standard for BF4 yet on PC? I'd really like to play a battlefield game but I wish they would use something more integrated into the game itself instead of a program that runs all the time or must be manually started if you choose to disable it between sessions.

9. Dae314

Dae314 New Member

Seeing as the game hasn't been announced yet and we haven't heard of any major leaks for information, I don't think anyone knows what anti-cheating system they're going to be using. We'll be extremely lucky to learn about that at the announcement since the anti-cheat system isn't exactly a great marketing/selling point for the game unless they're introducing something different and revolutionary. My bet's going to PB if EA doesn't say anything during the release.

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Well-Known Member

Rumoured is that those with Premium Subs will also get beta access. Heres hoping anyway.

11. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

From the site:
    [​IMG]
    That jet, any ideas. I think it is a delta wing, which leads me to suspect a typhoon, but that would be crazy, 4 factions for BF4 - US, RUS, CHN + EU :eyebrow: I just don't know what it is, the other stuff is easier, being a Type 98 Chinese MBT, and Mi-28 Havok's.

12. fix-the-spade

The jet's a Chengdu J20

[​IMG]

We'll have to see what that means come the actual game, F16s and SU 37s were in BF3's early promo but made no showing in the game.

Also, if they're going to put the big, 5th gen fighters in the game (since a J20 would imply the appearance of F22s and maybe the PAK-FA) they better upgrade the flight physics for them. Putting planes capable of performing a back flip in the game and then not letting you do a back flip would be hugely disappointing.

13. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter New Member

Not to mention allowing them to straf at ridiculously low speeds without stalling :rolleyes:

14. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Just saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54fKamyyAF4

I WANT TO BACKFLIP.

15. fix-the-spade

Back flips wouldn't serve much purpose for 'serious' play, but it would be cool, I want to do cool things in video games.

BF3 already has planes that can practically come to a stop in mid air and not stall, it's the biggest balance goof in BF3 that the planes are so easy to fly and allow for masses of time on target even with the nerfed weapons (vs BF2's twitchy but hugely destructive planes).

BF4 needs somewhere in between, more unforgiving flight models but the same deliberately underpowered weapons as used in 3. Give everyone else on the ground a chance and let the obsessive pilots (hello) pull more maneuvers than 320knt banked turns.

16. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Ok, playing devil's advocate here, but should the game be accessible allow for more players to enjoy BF3 or pander to the wants of the hard core?

17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Well-Known Member

Ooooo, first pics are up :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Look no different from BF3 up to yet :(

19. Dae314

Dae314 New Member

You're kinda right but then you're kinda wrong. I looked at some BF3 shots to compare:

1) http://wallbase.cc/wallpaper/1089340
    2) http://wallbase.cc/wallpaper/1088313
    3) http://wallbase.cc/wallpaper/1344451
    4) http://wallbase.cc/wallpaper/1609415
    5) http://wallbase.cc/wallpaper/1784461

None of those images compare well with the first shot so I'm just going to ignore that shot mostly. The second shot though is comparable with image number 1. I noticed right off that the character models are more detailed in pretty much every respect. Something a little odd is that the gun texture seems to have lost some detail though. The guns in the second shot look brand new where as the guns in image 1 are clearly used.

The last shot can compare with image 5 as an outside high lighting landscape shot. First of all, look at the grass. There isn't much grass to compare with in image 5, but even without a comparison, the grass in shot 3 is incredibly detailed. The rest of the terrain is slightly more detailed, but I honestly don't think most people would notice that in game.

One interesting I saw in shot 3 was the fact that the bird wings were translucent. I can only hope that this means that cloth in bf4 will similarly be translucent (assuming the cloth isn't thick). There's some of that in BF3 already, but for the most part if you see a cloth, it's opaque. I can also only hope for cloth dynamics to continue improving ^^. If cloth is as detailed as the character models are then we might have something to look at there :). Thin cloth covered windows could become a new (and practical) sniping area :D.

One thing I'm not liking about those images is how clean everything looks. BF3 did a great job of not having everything in game be spotless. Looking at shot 3 again, compare the lense flair from the sun there to image 5. It looks like they've decided to ditch the dust on the camera that used to be there :(.

So it's definitely more detailed, but it's not a gigantic jump like before. Lighting is supposed to have improved as well, but I can't tell from those shots. I really wanna see some of the destruction in action :). That ground in shot 3 needs some shell holes in it.

20. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules New Member