1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I've crashed the game a few times by spamming the trigger in a tank while the round is reloading.

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Hell I crashed the game by crouching once.

I havent played since the weekend. I am hoping I can get some games in soon.

I honestly believe it is a case of too many game clients on a single box.

That is the problem with limiting the hosting.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

3. rollo

rollo Modder

This looks like been my last EA thrill ride, Sick of the state of there games at launch on pc at the moment.

Guarenteed this game will still score 90% + it does not deserve from bit tech and company if they ever review it.

Should get another sim city style score, Ive given up on this for the next week or so just cant get into it crashes, the bugs are awful what did they have a beta for if not to pick up on sound bug on tanks lol.

This really the best we can hope for, BF3 had its issues at launch dont get me wrong but nothing was this broken.

4. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Bit drastic mate? I'm fairly certain every major multiplayer game has issues at launch. GTA, Diablo, most MMOs. It'll clear up in time.

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

What is more annoying is the fact people have let Rockstar slide with the issues the game has had.

But because its EA they jump up and down on them.

6. rollo

rollo Modder

if you cant play due to the bugs whats the point. GTA is on console is probably why on this forum anyway.

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Just had a rather awesome 4 hour blast on the ZiiP server, no problems other than too little RAM :D

8. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

None that I can share. It fixes the audio issues though (among other things) :)

9. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

Do you work for DICE then?

edit: what felt like a 2 second lag occurred this evening, glad I only managed to pay for £26 for this, anything more and I'd have felt robbed.

Last edited: 7 Nov 2013
  10. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Your 6GB all maxed out? I don't think I've used over 4 yet with this running. Or are you talking vRAM?

I should imagine your major bottleneck would the the 5870.

11. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Aye, my 6GB runs at 85-95% usage when I play :)

I'm still waiting on the R280X Toxic to be delivered (still not in stock anywhere as they are being updated with the XTL chip), so I am hoping that takes the load off the RAM.

12. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

I was on it the other day, the smaller servers seem stable, almost every 64+ man server I went on was laggy.

After a crash free beta I've had a few crashes in single and multiplayer. The server search is bugging me at the moment, looking for servers that are nearly full (10 or less slots) seems to pull up servers which have a few spaces advertised then you click to join only to be told it's full.

There is a lot to moan about which I hope will be fixed, but I have enjoyed a lot as well. Plays best nice and loud on my AV setup :D

13. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Iv looked into this as im getting 85% usage with my ram.
    Theres people with 6GB, 8GB, 12GB RAM getting 80-95% usage still.

Its a memory leak and the game is meant to be using about 4 - 4.5GB on ultra settings.
    So hopefully when the next patch comes out we will be back to normal 60%-ish usage on our 6GB.

So i think we would be wasting our money if we just have to wait for them to plug the leak. that or your going to need more than 12GB as it still uses it all up!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefiel...4-Memory-usage-with-12GB/td-p/1731447/page/27

14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I found that some people I know have had the memory learn issue. Fortunately I don't think I am having that issue.

15. loftie

loftie Multimodder

If you're running the beta drivers, AMD have once again f*d up. There is a memory leak that will consume all of your RAM, I have 12GB and it'll eat through all of it. BF3 had the same issue, AMD would fix it in one patch, break it the next, fix it again, then break it again.

If you're suffering the above issue, the only way you can clear the memory that I know of is to restart the PC!

Sapphire 5770 user.

16. [ZiiP] NaloaC

If it's an AMD problem, it's the first one I've had in 3 years with this setup.

17. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Not seen this issue and I'm using the beta drivers. I don't think this is an issue with AMD, more to do with the game itself.

Was thinking of cancelling my 280x order and moving up to a 290. But all the cards i've seen so far use the reference cooler.

18. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I would imagine it will be mid-December if not Q1 2014 before we see proper 3rd party coolers on the 290.

Every map has been stable for me thus far, just an annoying amount of stuttering on large maps when I fly and I have to render everything. Kind of makes strafing runs with Attack Jets rather difficult :D

19. loftie

loftie Multimodder

You're lucky then. When I had the this problem in BF3 there were a couple of people having the issue with nvidia, and everyone else was running amds. Though it may have been just similar in nature and not the same actual issue.

What I can't remember is if I had the problem before W8 or not. I'm tempted to say I was but I can't be sure. It never happened at release/B2K, I think it began when I got premium.

Anyway,

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/BF4-PC-Memory-leaking-94-Memory-usage-with-12GB/td-p/1731447

and

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4689663 <= this is what I have, just with 12GBs.

On the EA website, I think I got to page 11 before I saw someone with a nvidia card.

I'll rephrase, maybe it's not an AMD issue, but even with the same BF3 problem, the vast majority of people reporting this problem were AMD GPU users. Now maybe we complain more than nvidia owners. Maybe the problem is a BF issue, but only a driver update can fix it, all I know is that the AMD drivers are what fixed it for me in BF3. And then broke/refixed/broke etc. Never did a BF update break it.

Meh, I just want to play BF4 without having to restart my PC loads :sigh:

20. suragh

suragh Derp

I would wait for the aftermarket sets of GPU's.

-

Managed to have a comfortable game last night. A helicopter landed on its nose and hit me, I survived! :D