1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

Well, I acquired it by other means to test the performance and played about half the campaign without any issues, do they only affect multiplayer?

And before people say, I am a firm believer of "If you enjoy the game, support the developers and buy the game"

2. stefan442

stefan442 Minimodder

Haven't played the campaign, but put over 20 hours into multiplayer. Just hoping for a fix, get into a game and it freezes and have to go play in another server so I dont lose points. Then that crashes, and repeat. Sometimes I play and dont even complete a map through the evening

3. rollo

rollo Modder

Had similar experiences to stefan can play 1 day can not play another. We went back to BF3 our clan server still up to end of novemeber, Looks like its getting extended to next year if BF4 is not fixed properly.

Bf3 had its issues on launch as anyone who played you will tell you. BF4 issues are worse in a way, Feels pretty rushed out stuff that should of been fixed in beta ( thats what you have a beta for after all ) reminds me alot of Sim City was super broken on launch everyone expected it to get fixed in 1-2 weeks, 6months later its basically sorted.

4. phoenixck

phoenixck What's a Dremel?

There's a rumour going around that EA forced dice to publish BF4 before COD was released, despite Dice telling them it wasn't ready.

5. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

There are issues but it's more than playable.

6. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Ive only had 2 crashes in 11 hours play. And none for the last 6 hours.

Obviously any crashes at all are not good, but its not really caused me much bother. Loving the game so far.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

7. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

I bought it and added the CD key,
    copied over my original installation and restarted origin and now my password won't work :sigh:

8. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Lets see your emblems!

[​IMG]

9. tuk

tuk Don't Tase Me, Bro!

No sound, directx or hit detection issues for me, ....intermittent exe crash when building comes down on Shanghai, apart from that just the usual bugs you would expect from a just launched game of this scale.

Update will be along shortly, in the meantime its more than playable.

Best in the series since BF2.

10. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

11. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Welcome to PC gaming, lucky i have not come across any hackers as of yet that i know of

12. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

13. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Minimodder

I haven't played BF4 yet, but after watching lots of YouTube footage, it does looks much better than 3. It looks like its gone back to BC2 with the destruction of buildings, and the colours look much better!

I'm not a fan of their decision to get rid of some of the classic weapons like the G3, or these new 'COD' like game modes, because its moving away from what the game is supposed to be, but I suppose you have to adapt and change to win new fans over.

14. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yeah, also, they've added them in, but not at the expense of conquest etc - they are still in there.

The maps are MUCH better than BF3s launch maps, and I'm really looking forward to China Rising.

15. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

There's no AN94 so I feel your pain :/

I actually suspect they'll be in the expansion packs, here's hoping that they're in the first pack.

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I do prefer the in air launch of jets, none of this runway crashing etc

17. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Minimodder

Yeah, I watched a BF3 comparison video, and BF3 just looks pretty bad. Everything from the visuals, HUD/menu's, through to the movement and weapons & destruction, its like everything was OTT, and felt almost 'tacky.' But they've gone back to their roots more with 4. I hope they bring these weapons back in an expansion pack........

....Wait expansion? Not more of my money?!

18. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

Yep. My mate and myself are getting this a lot. Saturday I was fine and my mate was crashing all the time. Sunday it was the other way round. For me the multiplayer is completely broken and unplayable. Another mate who has a very simlar spec machine as mine hasn't had a single crash. Not good when you've shelled out £60 for a game.

19. stefan442

stefan442 Minimodder

I have over a 40% quit rate all due to crashes. Never quit once. Was over 50% at one point, the r6 and r7 server updates helped.

20. Bobman

Bobman What's a Dremel?

It's no help to all of you with issues but I'm another who is having good stability with BF4 so far. Only issue for me was the M320 flash-bang. Every time I use this the game crashes but otherwise it's been solid.

Enjoying the game a lot!!