1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I finally got this fired up and had a couple of hours online with my brother (getting him used to PC gaming again post-XBOX and then some proper match-ups).

Impressions? Good. I like it. Are lots of folk from here on in the evening?

2. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Yeah I think theres a fair few that play in the evening s, myself incouded although sometimes not for long. Im bdigital in battlelog, feel free to add me anyone.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

3. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I'm jinq-sea (or jinqsea on Steam) and often found alongside my brother, JINXTA. We're imaginative, us two...

I suspect I'll next be online on Wednesday. Is there a Bit-tech BF4 server at present?

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Well-Known Member

Nope.

The regular BF3 folks that used mumble elected to not fund a BF4 server. As its expensive and not everyone has the time to play regularly.

Which is a shame but such is life.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

5. suragh

suragh Derp

If a BF4 server happens in the future, I don't mind contributing to the funding.

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Well-Known Member

Been seeing a few BT heads on the ZiiP server recently, been good to have you all on.

Anyone else who wishes to join in, please do :)

Just search for ZiiP in the server browser, but do be aware we play Hardcore, no hit indicator and there is the minimap included.

7. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

There was a thread about BT BF4 server. I think at the time the poll was clearly no, and some daft buggers have been voting without bringing it to anyones attention, i.e. bumping. Anyway I'm not onboard.

8. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

That's odd. Maybe some lurkers looking for the BF4 server have been voting it up.

The Bit-tech BF3 server was fun when it occasionally got full and for dicking around but ultimately was nowhere near worth the amount that everyone contributed to it considering how little it got used.

9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Well-Known Member

Second assault trailer landed today, Gulf of Oman has a giant sand storm... I'm still resisting.

10. tuk

tuk Don't Tase Me, Bro!

You know as well as I do, thats futile.

11. fix-the-spade

I have a shed load of other stuff to be spending money on, I'm resisting until after Christmas. Then you will all suffer!

Of course, if the AN94 comes back, there will be no suffering, only splattering brains.

Last edited: 13 Nov 2013
  12. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

The 2nd assult maps do not look that impressive from the video, really need to see more.

13. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Not a bad plan, it may be working by then :lol:

14. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

When is second assault released? Can't believe Metro made it in, it's the most brainless anti Battlefield map ever made.

15. tuk

tuk Don't Tase Me, Bro!

UPDATE #9:
    PC Game Update Goes Live Nov 14
    We are happy to report that the PC Battlefield 4 game update will go live tomorrow, November 14. The main focus of this update is threefold:

1) Reduce the number of crashes
    We believe this update will solve a large portion of the most commonly occuring game crashes, and the improvement in overall stability should make a big difference for many players.

2) Eliminate a network sync bug
    If you’ve been experiencing situations in multiplayer where it appears that you are taking damage from enemies through walls, you might have been the victim of a network sync bug. In this game update, we have identified and eliminated one such bug that caused this type of gameplay experience. We are continuing to work on more multiplayer optimizations concerning network performance.

3) Improve Network Smoothing
    We have made some improvements to the ”Network Smoothing” functionality that you can find in the OPTIONS>GAMEPLAY menu. The Network Smoothing slider governs a group of settings that aim to produce a tighter multiplayer experience based on your specific packet loss situation.

If you’ve been experimenting with the Network Smoothing slider earlier, it might now yield better results. If you haven’t tried it before, please explore this setting and set it to the lowest value you can without experiencing graphical glitches in the game. By setting it lower, you can get a tighter multiplayer experience, depending on your specific network situation.

More details upcoming
    Besides the above mentioned focus areas, this PC game update contains a number of other fixes and tweaks that we will detail once it’s live.

This game update for PC goes live around 10AM UTC/2AM PST November 14. Your Origin Client should acknowledge and automatically download this update for you, as usual. Otherwise, you can right click your game in the client and select ”Check for Update”. There will be a Battlelog maintenance downtime for about an hour as this update goes live. During this time multiplayer on PC will be unavailable.

We will release full patch notes for this game update later, but the three items mentioned above are by far the most important changes in this update. We understand that stability has been rocky for some players, and hope that this update will make the game run smoother and more stable for you. Let us know in the comments below.

16. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

those updates sound great to me.

You know I do feel for the devs. Such a piece of software is so incredibly complicated. Like, super mindbogglingly complicated, it really is amazing that it even works to the level it has so far.

17. fix-the-spade

It has one of the highest played hours of all the BF3 maps, because idiots and hackers farm in it incessantly. Evidently Dice is building a new ghetto for them.

Having said that, if it's rebuilt with Op Locker style rat runs and conquest uses the full length of the map this time, it could be a great map. Emphasis on the could.

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Well-Known Member

I am falling in love with the PKP such a great weapon.

At range does great burst fire. Especially on Conquest Domination XD

19. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Would say about Feb/March for 2nd assult release date.

20. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Had a few good rounds on Ziip last night, has anyone else noticed their battle reports aren't updating? Have Dice broken it with yesterdays patch?