1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Yep same for me, SLI is now borked.

Do EA not test anything before going live? Getting fed up of this now.

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yep, flickering is an SLI issue. Do they even test these patches before rolling them out?

3. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

As it is widespread on several generations of cards in SLI I can only guess not!

Thing that really annoys me is this game for a lot of people will become a slideshow without SLI support due to it being so demanding.

And also it worked perfectly before with latest drivers!

Edit:

Seems crossfire is borked too.

Last edited: 16 Dec 2013
  4. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I used to get flickering on canals in bf3 Also with sli. Hmmmm....

5. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

This is messed up now, now when I'm 1 vs 1 I get lagged up just before I die.... this is with low ping <20ms. Also getting flicker as well on a 7950 set to "high".

F***ing gash

6. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Minimodder

I'm getting this for Xmas, and I hope they iron these issues out before!

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I am running about 90% better than i was at release, i don't get any flickering or have not noticed any yet on my 7950 but i always have to set my weapons every time i load into a game, i always spawn with basic weapon i.e iron sights and no attachments even though battlelog states my loadout is fine

Other than that i am loving it

8. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

I've been stalking this thread very closely trying to see how buggy the game is for people as I don't want to buy it and just end up hating it. At the end of the day its no secret that it was released an unpolished product so giving it a few months extra should balance things out.

Would it be fair to say the following statement:

The game does crash, but its much less than when it was released to the point where its "uncommon", and almost all of the time you'll manage a full game. (Agree/Disagree)

I don't care about glitches, but the one thing I hate is a crash; as you lose your progress and if your on a good round its infuriating. If its like this ill wait till January

9. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

I'm running Crossfire .

FFS the game has worked perfectly since the day I installed it and now it's FUBAR.

GITS.

10. AlienwareAndy

You'd care about this glitch ! the game flashes like a bleeding strobe light. So it's either give yourself a headache or turn it off :sigh:

11. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Why did I install the patch without a restore point? :wallbash:

12. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

+1 with having to disable sli. ^ you can't play the game without installing the latest update anyway, it won't let you.

13. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

I'm with Happy. Game runs perfect. Hit reg seems to work just fine (even though some guys were complaining about that) had 1 crash. No flickering at all and the game runs super smooth.

14. AlienwareAndy

Well since it's broken I've been somewhat forced into playing COD : Ghosts.

The ducked up part is I actually think Ghosts is better in single player. I'm having far more fun with Ghosts. I really like the dog bits and the remote sniper, I think that is excellent :D

So up yours DICE. Ghosts is just as pretty too IMO.

15. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Much as the COD games get slated, I always enjoy the single player. I like feeling like a solid gold hero / 1 man army! The BF4 singleplayer was complete very boring.

16. AlienwareAndy

It's far more involving than BF4. Much, much better game IMO. Haven't had this much fun in ages. I like the way the environments feel much more involved too, like I'm actually interacting with them rather than being taken on a linear ride.

It feels less clunky too, like the reaction times seem much more precise.

Funny, the only COD game I've owned before was MW2 and I liked the single player (though the graphics were a bit pants). This one seems to be the perfect progression really.

17. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Stupid CF-ruining patch. I've not played for days, which displeases me!

18. AlienwareAndy

If you're at a loose end man trying out Ghosts. Seriously, best single player FPS I've played in absolutely ages.

19. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I don't think DICE are bothered whatsoever about people not liking the single player campaign, it's almost a given that it's going to be bad.

Got some friends who are trying to convince me to buy BF4 but the ui of BF3 annoys me when compared to BC2 (not being able to access to menu at all times/being taken out of the menu when things happen), and I think BF4 is similar to BF3, so I'm not sure (along with all of the problems of course).

20. AlienwareAndy

BFBC2 was an absolutely incredible single player experience (old fashioned people like me do exist ). BF3 was a bloody travesty. All graphics over gameplay, totally linear and no freedom whatsoever. Really didn't like it. Now I thought with BF4 they would combine the graphics with the freedom of movement BFBC2 had (because maybe Frostbite III made it hard). But no. BF4 is just as bad if not worse. In places it pretends to be more open but you can soon find its limitations.

Now I know that these games are primarily designed for multiplayer, but I'm way too reclusive to play games in multiplayer. So I always end up with the shite end of the stick.

With Ghosts? they've actually provided me with a more than satisfying game. The new ideas (like taking control of a dog and sneaking around ripping enemy throats out) is just chuffing marvelous, and the remote sniper and so on feel much more like it's me doing it rather than the game aiming and pointing for me and me using literally one finger (my left click finger) to control the game.

I find BF3 and BF4 terribly patronising. Some levels are nothing but a guessing game similar to SIMON.

So Ghosts wins this round by a country mile.