Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.
Hahaah! Oh that made me giggle!
The netcode in this is just woeful. Time and time again.
BF4 sadly IMO isn't anywhere near the standard of BF3 and that wasn't great.
Having played BF3 the other day for the first time in ages I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.
If BF4 played like BF3 it would be a much better game.
Netcode spawning into instant death is annoying.
Also found at least one hacker, aim assist and damage mod IMO.
I've seen videos before of people using the Sraw against helis but what I can't figure out is how they aim and manage to hit when they turn the sraws view finder away from the heli so they can no longer even see the target.
Second assault ETA End of Feb.
Thats a 2 month delay, still no sign of levelution for china rising...
It's the same as shooting at a jet/moving chopper with rpg, in that leading is required. It can be replicated (for practice) by shooting at a stationary target indirectly; The missile has a velocity and a turning rate, something to learn. The advantage the sraw gives over rpg is your target can change path, and you can adjust your estimated intercept point after launch; much longer shots become possible.
Also, saw the tank lauch before, wasn't too impressed, just made me think "The lengths bad pilots will go to to kill a jet whore."
I seem to be having a lot of trouble either joining a server or with DX error for memory on graphics card today.
Double checked to make sure I have the drivers up to date and it is starting to get really annoying. Only been able to finish one round so far in the last 2 hrs.
Seriously who CARES about levolution for china rising. All I'd like to see are changes to the vehicles, and the reload times of those gad demn insta reload s-raw's and law's.
By changes I mean;
active rader aa missiles working from across the entire map against heli's
making said heli flip over and crash, no counter to this
attack Heli's rinsing armor in one pass
attack heli taking immense damage from 50 cal fire
i.e; needs to do less dmg from pilot (only a little less), and take less dmg from 50 cal.
Right now, the LAV gets critically immobilized instantly. I'm not saying it shouldn't lose a fight against tanks, but right now, even with reactive armor, it gets disabled instantly, and you're done. The amount of damage required for a critical immobile shot needs to be increased.
Make mines and slams actually SPOTABLE. In bf3, you could spam a general area and see them, now it's the exact opposite, you have to put your crosshair right on the mine itself. You can see three mines planted, you spot the one, even though you can see the other two, and have to spot the other two seperately if you want them to be spotted. The explosive splash from one mine to another even though they are right next to eachother is non existant. You can blow up one mine thats half a meter from another, and have to blow up each of the other mines individually. What a joke.
The cool down timer on smoke screen and IR smoke needs to be reduced DRAMATICALLY to make them viable as alternative countermeasures for the mbt and lav. Right now, active protection is the only viable countermeasure because of how fast the s-raw and law's can be reloaded and the fact that the law doesn't need line of sight once it's been fired against a tank with smoke screen etc.
When using thermal optics, the tracers from the 50 cal rounds from hmg or lmg are nearly invisible, You should be able to see them clearly imho.
S-raw and law need to do a fraction less points of damage, so 18 instead of 20 dmg. It takes no skill to fire or aim against a ground target, so should therefore do less damage. Either that or reduce the reload time so you can't fire one into the air, load a second, and place your crosshair back on target and fire a second one for a double whammy, or just so that you can't spam the hell out of it in general.
I wish they would have brought back seine and bazaar for bf4. A few people were complaining about the engineer class being the only valid class since there are "too many vehicles". I suppose that's what second assault is for, but personally I don't think they've made them better maps with the tweaks they've done, they've just made it a lot harder to tank on. Caspian border in particular with that massive border crossing between A and B flag? Can you imagine the mbt-law/s-raw spam from D Hilltop flag onto any tanks leaving the US or RU spawn?? LOL. What about firestorm? Same thing. The tower in the middle, and the B flag roof, if you're in a tank, you're going to be a sitting duck since there are no lines of sight where you are not exposed fully.
This just in:
UPCOMING VEHICLE TWEAKS
Aircraft and Anti-Aircraft
1) Reduced the total amount of missiles carried by the Mobile Anti-Aircraft vehicles from 6 to 4. The total carried missiles were making it impossible for helicopters to use counter measures to avoid the MAA’s attacks.
2) Reduced the velocity of the MAA’s default 20MM CANNON from 1200m/s to 800m/s to match the 30MM CANNON. This reduction reduces the distance projectiles will travel and should prevent situations where the MAA could engage enemy vehicles without leaving its protected home base. The damage of the cannons remains unchanged, and aircraft, especially helicopters, should remain wary of getting too close to a MAA.
3) Reduced the physical impact of all Anti-Aircraft missiles to prevent helicopters from flipping uncontrollably when hit. The damage values have not been changed.
4) Reduced the cone in which ACTIVE RADAR missiles search for targets, making them require a higher level of skill in predicting where a target will be when the missile is fired. The missiles were previously too easy to aim at long range, making them a guaranteed hit and a clear advantage over the other missile types.
5) Increased the direct damage done by the Attack Helicopter’s gunner cannon. The gunner will be better able to assist the pilot in taking down vehicle targets with this change.
6) Increased the direct hit damage of the Zuni Rockets for Attack Helicopters. The rate of fire of these rockets combined with their smaller magazine pool made them a poor choice over the other two rocket types.
7) Reduced the splash damage and maximum splash damage range of the Scout Helicopter 25MM CANNONS. These weapons were too effective against infantry with a higher splash, making them a clear choice over the 7.62 MINIGUNS in all combat situations. The 25MM CANNONS are intended to give the Scout Helicopter some measure of effectiveness against vehicles, at a clear trade off in effectiveness vs. infantry.
Tanks and Anti-Tank
1) Reduced the “intelligence” of the MBT LAW missiles, requiring the player to aim the missile closer to their target before the smart projectile will activate. Additionally, the MBT LAW now reloads slightly slower. This keeps the MBT LAW in its role of an easy to use, fire and forget weapon available to all Engineers, while also balancing it with the other rocket launchers in favor of skilled AT shots. Finally, a bug where the MBT LAW would pass through an ACTIVE PROTECTION shield has been fixed.
2) Fixed an issue where ACTIVE PROTECTION and the MP-APS did not properly stop 12G FRAG rounds.
3) Reduced the range where the M2 SLAM will do maximum damage to vehicles from 6M to 3M. Players will now need to be craftier when placing the M2 SLAM in order to get the full damage potential of this ambush anti vehicle weapon. This change is to primarily counter a tactic of placing 3 mines in the same spot to guarantee a kill on any vehicle passing within 6m. The range was deemed to be too large, making the M2 SLAM far superior to the M15 AT MINE.
4) Reduced the damage the STAFF shell does to all targets by 25%. This should balance the ease of use of the STAFF shell with its damage potential.
At least they did one thing I wanted.
Now all they have to do is make it a bit easier to spot those frigging slams.
They still haven't addressed the heli's utterly useless heat seakers then, fire 1, target pops flares, fire 2nd, hit and do partial damage then sit there with nothing to do but wait for the jet to ream you.
Also the tv missile is a complete joke, yeh a one shot kill was always OP in BF2/3 but two shots should at least do the job and most certainly be an insta kill against jets, helis and troops.
Personally I don't think slams or mines should be spottable at all by ground vehicles (I love tanks and IFV's by the way) as lets face it in real life these thing's are buried and tanks generally have an easy time in bf4, I usually get a good kill streak before getting wrecked or killed.
They need to bring TV missiles back to how they were at the end of BF3.
Tell you what, you change the maps, so that tanks are no longer forced to drive along rails (zavod, dragon pass, for example), and then you can have mines that are not spottable.
This isn't real life, it's a game. Please stop using that argument. If you are able to SEE all three mines because you are actually looking where you are driving, and you CAN spot them, you shouldn't need to spot each mine indiviually, when they are right in front of you clear as day.
If they reduced the damage so that 3/mines slams did 60% damage, THEN I wouldn't have a problem with mines that couldn't be spotted. The fact is, three mines/slams instakill a tank. Seeing as it's a game you'd have to have one or the other. Mines that did 20 dmg per mine, no spot, or higher damage that can be spotted.
Wow slightly over agrsesive response.
The problem BF4 and any online game is everyone wants it tweaked to suit there game play and unfortunately the devs have a habit of listening to the moany whiners and change the wrong things (not directing that at you by the way)
If they are easily spottable then you will just drive round jamming Q all day and never hit another, what I was saying is they should maybe only easily be spottable from the air from the likes of the mav and Suav intorudcing more team play, ie mav spots mines, tank/infantry destroys mines, mav flier gets some points..
I looked at your stats a while back and you seem very good in armour but seem to want anything that's capable of killing you nerfed.
PS, Zavoid, I rarely use the roads thats asking for trouble.
Didn't mean it to come across that way, I'm just tired of hearing the 'IRL' thing.
That's just it though, placing mines correctly should be about using your brain, i.e planting them over a ridge, where a vehicles line of sight is reduced so that they CAN'T be spotted. THAT is using your brain. If I can physically see a mine and spot that mine, I should be able to spot the one thats right next to it. Same thing applies to jets. I can see a jet in the sky, plain as day, and it's not spottable. You need a pro/con to everything, and having a mine do the amount of damage right now, and not be something you can spot, isn't a fair mechanic. Not saying it's in the game, just pointing out why your idea wouldn't work.
If you force a vehicle user to use thermal optics over zoom, because mines are impossible to spot, you are making another vehicle perk redundant. The aim of balancing and tweaking is to make something require team work to be effective, not make other weapons/perks redundant, and require the player to use their head to stay alive.
Someone sitting in the MAV is someone not capturing flags tbh. I'll take someone going after flag captures over someone in the mav any day.
It's not quite that simple. There's a fine line between not being able to be killed, and being killed instantly. If someone can fly an attack heli without a gunner, do a single strafe on a tank and make that tank disappear instantly, it means that you dont need TEAM WORK, to take that vehicle down and that the gunner pods are overpowered. In bf3 you needed both the pilot rocket pods as well as the gunner to take down a tank.
In bf4, active protection is pretty much a must, since the reload of the mbt law is so fast, that you stand no chance in getting to cover, with something like smoke screen or ir smoke, since there's no lock on to break, and smoke screen doesn't stop the law's coming for you since they don't require you to see your target. At least with smoke screen in bf3, it would obscure the vision of your enemy allowing you to reverse, to the left or right a bit and dodge an incoming rpg. The cool down times on IR smoke and Smoke screen are high enough that they also make those two perks redundant.
Since you mention that I complain about things that can kill me, do you remember in bf3 when they nerfed the canister shell (yes it was OP, but they nerfed it into oblivion), or when they nerfed the MBT so that it became a paper tank and they had to buff it back a bit? I didnt think you were talking about me, when you mentioned the moany whiners. It's always the people that don't use a vehicle/tool/weapon, or are bad at this game, that complain incessantly, about something. Remember in BF3 when they increased the range of the stinger, and decreased the reload time, and then it just made those people who were good in the heli, just sit and hover above the ground out of range of the stingers, taking out inf from range?
I do hate how people over look how much use someone flying a mav can be to a game. So many people ust think it's someone camping in the uncap but they are providing a major asset to their team. On the odd times I fly the mav I actually see people veering towards the person I just spotted or a tank driver taking evasive manouvres because I spotted a guy trying to make a c4 run on them.
I was using it last night and you really wouldn't have liked me on those rounds as I was detonating mines using the pulse just as a tank was about to hit them destroying the vehicle and occupants.
Everything in this game has it plus and negs as you say and I bet quite a few of your many kills have been down to someone spotting be it on the ground or maybe using a mav
More updates coming;
UPCOMING BF4 WEAPON TWEAKS
1) Increased the damage of all DMRs across all ranges. Specifically, damage has been increased at long ranges to allow three-hit kills against unarmored opponents. Additionally, reduced the penalty to accuracy for sustained DMR fire, allowing more rapid follow up shots in combat. The amount of the damage increase varies from weapon to weapon, according to its intended range, rate of fire, and damage. We will continue to monitor the effectiveness of DMRs in combat, and determine if additional action is needed to make DMRs a viable mid to long range weapon.
Pump Action Shotguns
1) Increased the accuracy of pump action shotguns (870 MCS, HAWK 12g, SPAS-12, and UTS 15) while on the move and aiming. The accuracy has been approximately doubled. These weapons did not have any available barrels or grips that would allow a player to enhance their aimed accuracy. This change should make the use of pump action weapons with slugs much more viable at medium and close range by allowing more accurate fire.
1) Reduced the long range damage of the MTAR to bring it in line with the rest of the Carbines.
1) Adjusted the way inaccuracy is handled when transitioning from Hip fire to Aimed fire. Previously, if a player began firing before aiming, he would keep his hip inaccuracy while aimed, until he stopped firing. This was especially obvious with LMGs on the move. Players will now only be subject to the maximum aimed inaccuracy after the transition. While still terribly inaccurate, this allows for substantially more accurate fire than the old method and should allow players with LMGs to panic fire in close quarters, provided they are aiming.
2) The Heavy Barrel’s Accuracy bonus now also applies on the move, at a reduced bonus. This should give the Heavy Barrel a wider role for players who desire accuracy while aimed in all situations.
3) Synchronized the timing of the aim down the sights animation of sniper rifles with their ability to fire with full accuracy. Players no longer need to wait for additional time after the aiming animation plays to get accurate shots. There is still a delay to achieve full accuracy, so Quick Scoping is still not possible.
Nice to see the dmr damage increased. Had some fun using dmrs with the engineering class, but they really were pea shooters.
They also announced on their 'player month' blog that they were trying to fix the group of things that have been labelled under the banner ‘netcode’ by the fans.
Game is alot more playable these days, Still needs some balance tweaks but all in all we are getting there.
Separate names with a comma.