1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield Hardline (cops vs robbers)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Eiffie, 28 May 2014.

1. Ljs

Ljs Well-Known Member

I'm not defending the game in the slightest, onyl watched a couple of videos today but apparently they are working on upping the tick rate from 10 to 30 (including in BF4) which should help things out.

I don't generally buy titles on release anyway - I prefer to let the mature a bit these days!

2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

They have already increased the "Tick Rate" in BF4 and apparently Hardline will also have the same "Tick Rate" aswell.

My issues with BF4, is that even after all the updates to BF4 I am still getting one shot killed, still being shot around corners, still suffering from poor hit reg and still getting massive packet loss.

Ping in game is never above 25ms and my frame rate never drops below 140fps at Ultra, but I suffer from massive packet loss but in other games my ping will be the same and I get no issues at all.

I have tried all sorts of stuff to fix the packet loss and various other issues, including using the same connection as my dad, different network cards ranging from £5 to £1200, RJ45 and LC/PC connections, 1Mb to 1GB connection speeds, different pc's and allot of other stuff.

The internet connections and networks cards were all tested at work in my pc, directly connected to the main VM connection at my local hubsite thanks to working for VM and a few other people, who wanted to see if the issue was the broadband or the game as they had received quite a few complaints about the performance of the game.

Even on the CTE the game was unplayable, and at the last clan lan I went to people saw the issues I have with the game and whilst most said that they could not see them, others could and said they couldn't play it if it was like that for them.

Tempted to try Windows 7 again and see what happens but not 100% sure I can be bothered with a reinstall, as Acronis never seems to work when I make a back up.

I will just have to see how it goes once the game is released.

3. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules New Member

I believe that the basic code base of Battlefield 4 is fundamentally broken and anything based off it is going to be fundamentally broken. Unless Visceral de-constructs BF4's code line by line and rewrites all of the broken ****, it's going to continue to be flawed.

It's not just the Frostbite engine. Other games have come out and are on the way which are all running on the same engine and don't seem nearly as busted as BF4. I think DICE basically rushed this game either by force or by choice, and they are pretty much at the stage where they are bailing water out of the ship to keep it afloat. Forget smooth sailing.

I hate to sound reductive, but Hardline looks like a mod, as many people have stated, and I have no interest in spending any money or time on it. All of the fundamental code issues that plague BF4 will be present in Hardline and Visceral won't have the luxury of having the dude who programmed the engine sitting 2 cubes down to fix stuff.

EA/DICE have severely damaged the BF franchise IMO. They need to cut the **** and get back to basics. It does't matter how much vaseline you smear on your graphics, if a game is bad people won't take you seriously anymore.

Take the, most likely, TENS OF THOUSANDS of man hours and tens of millions of dollars wasted on what nearly every professional and amateur reviewer considered to be a throwaway, or downright bad single player campaign (that to this day is apparently still unbeatable from some players who have save corruption problems) and put all of that money and more importantly time and talent into creating as flawless of a multiplayer game as possible. That's what BF has always been and should always be.

Clearly there's a market for good MP only games. Look at DayZ. That game is a broken pile of dogshit that somehow gets -worse- after every update and probably always will be and has sold >2 million copies to date. Look at games like DOTA2 and LOL. There's a HUGE market for online-only competitive games. DICE just needs to MAKE a good one, and the players will come. If they keep releasing busted pieces of **** with 150 million dollar shitty single player missions attached to lackluster, buggy and broken MP their games will end up in some dusty back room under a 100' high pile of Guitar Hero plastic instruments and old Kinects.

Everything that defined battlefield as a great franchise is being swallowed whole by EA's hopeless and futile campaign to chase Call of Duty money.

Sorry for the rant but it's late and I need to vent!

4. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Just a note to all who have registered for the beta, I did not receive an email but logged in to origin to find the beta there.

Give it a go, nothing to lose!

5. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

First impressions are good game idea but bad game, it still suffers from the same poor programming as Battlefield 4.

I am still suffering from massive packet loss, single bullet deaths, deaths around corners and bullets not registering against people when I am shooting them.

The annoying thing is that it's only Battlefield games I have a issue with, other games run perfectly fine with no issues.

It is still a no buy for me though, as Dice have a habbit of producing a smooth'ish playing game at Beta stage and then releasing a Pre-Alpha version as the final release.

6. PaulJG

PaulJG Member

Had a quick go this morning before work.. seemed ok - did seem like a mod overlaid onto bf4. Open the safe.. Press E to open.. plant explosive.. wait a while for it to go off - hmmm MCOM? ;)

No real problems with it, ran fine.. looked nice.. no lag.. no big glitches - worth a bit more of my tmie tonight.

7. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Is it just me or can you not turn the lights and sirens on? And where's the handbrake? I'm liking some of the new gadgets.

8. ferret141

ferret141 Well-Known Member

H for horn = sirens

Handbrake is most likely spacebar

9. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

D'you seriously think I'd post without first trying that?

10. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Found the beta in Origin. Its a bit different. I like it. The interface is a lot faster, so is battlelog. Graphically I think the textures aren't as detailed as bf4. The game mechanics are definitely different, the same sort of different as bf3 to bf4.

It stings to have this come out just 8 months after battlefield 4. Because its just a tweak(reskin and mess with the weapon physics sliders), chances are there will be a number of fixes and improvements that wont see the light of day on battlefield. Anyway there's just no way I could justify the price of entry having bought bf4. But I'll probably play it up until the end of the beta.

11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I Don't like it, there not getting my money this time

12. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I think I prefer it. I seem to do better. My stats are up a bit over bf4

13. ferret141

ferret141 Well-Known Member

I'm only trying to help buddy. Didn't mean to cause offence. I don't know you well enough to know if you would have tried those already or not. I'm sure you can appreciate when supporting someone, especially with technology, it's best to make sure the most obvious and basics are covered. Saves you a lot of headache when dealing with someone who may not know much.