Hello everyone, I've been a member here for a while, but haven't posted until now. I figured it was about time I introduced myself! I've done a few mods over the last couple years, and you are welcome to check them out on my website. Some of them you may or may not have seen before. Anyway, you guys are very talented and I want to tap into your vast knowledge for my next mod. I welcome any and all comments, criticisms, and suggestions you may have. So without further ado, here is my next project: This is going to be my part of the group-theme mods based on the SciFi series, "Battlestar Galactica." I plan to take my recently won CM Stacker 830 and convert it into the Galactica. I'm still in the design and conceptual phase, and I hope to get it drawn up in Sketchup soon. I will post more detailed pics at that time. I think this will be a fun one to do! I really enjoy the new BSG TV series, and it has many elements I can draw from for ideas. And this case will be a huge canvas upon which to work, so there will be plenty of real estate to work with. I messed around in Sketchup, and after many, many long late-night hours I came up with a VERY rough mockup of what I'm planning for this Stacker case. I tried to retain alot of the original lines of the case, so you could look at it and know this used to be a Stacker 830. Its lines match up so well with the Galactica, I think it adds to the overall look (not to mention makes my job a lot easier!). So without further ado, here are the pics! (yeah, like you actually read this whole thing before looking at them ) The top of the case will have the landing bay running through it from front to back, and the landing strip will be lit up on the inside. The front will sport a 7" lcd monitor, and the BSG insignia below it. I have special plans for that, and you will have to wait and see (couldn't divulge all my plans first off, that just wouldn't be much fun ) The sides will have vertical ribbing to match the top landing bay, with the centers being the armor plating. (retaining the stacker's side vent shape). There will be four engines, two on each side that will function as either fresh air intake, or exhaust. Haven't decided yet. I apologize for the crudeness of the engines. Sketchup was not willing to cooperate with me when trying to create complex curves (as evidenced from the top launch bay). So I cheated a bit and stole the engines off of an existing Galactica model I found in Google's 3D Warehouse. But I think you get the idea. So what's the first thing that you gotta do when starting any case mod? That's right- Disassemble the donor case! After taking some measurements, I set off to my garage to cut a pattern for the foam out of 1/8" fiber board. I made up a simple jig with a piece of alum flat bar. Traced my curved lines on both sides so they are symmetrical, And cut out the pattern. Set it on the case for fit, And proceeded to cut the foam using the pattern and a long bladed knife. Cut two pieces. These will be glued together, and glued onto the fiber board as well. Sorry, that's all I got done tonight. But at least I started! After gluing, I will commence the cutting, shaving, trimming, and slicing of the foam to the landing bay shape. Once the basic shape is attained, then I can coat it with resin or fiberglass. Although I have been eyeballing this stuff called Plasti-Paste by Smooth-On. It's a trowelable fiber resin that cures into a durable plastic in just 90 minutes. It would be ideal for making up the landing bay top, and all those ribs too. I would just have to work in sections, what with its 10 minute pot life and all. So I'm off and running. Stay tuned, this will get interesting!