1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding baybus switching...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Sh00ter, 1 Apr 2003.

1. Sh00ter

Sh00ter What's a Dremel?

as i think my rheostat thread has been somewhat unsuccessfull (to say the least!) im now looking towards using rotary switches - off, 5or7v and 12v, looking at the mappers site ive seen ones like "FF74R" but to be honest i dont really know what im looking for to give me what i want! Heeeeelllp :wallbash:

2. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

Do 12V fans run on 5V anyway? :eyebrow:

3. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

Yes, some fans will work at 5V. Less will start at 5V but you can find some.

Shooter.
    I posted a reply in your rheostat thread. Look at the specs on the maplin site and find one that will match it. Or you could post the specs in the electronics board and someone there will most likely know what you could use as an alternative.

4. Sh00ter

Sh00ter What's a Dremel?

thanks a lot m8, apart from the fact that the rheostats were 50ohm i was just going by a part number (from a macroman article) which is now discontinued with no further details:wallbash:

ive reposted this thread in the electroinics section, i remain hopefull! lol

with regards to the 5v issue i only mentioned it coz i think that was a starting voltage i read somewhere, the baybus im using at the mo is at 7v and only one fan ive got wont start at 7v, not a prob though coz once its running at 12v i reduce it then

thanks again