1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows BBC Top Gear **Sun 4th**

Discussion in 'General' started by samkiller42, 13 Dec 2010.

1. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why have they made Chris Harris act like an angry tw@t? It's false, he's not convincing. He didn't come across that way in the previous season. It's like the producers are trying to mould another Clarkson, Hammond & May trio but from the totally wrong parts... stop it now, it doesn't work and I felt myself cringing at most of the scripted nonsense. Atleast when the old 3 used to dick around, it was believable.

2. lancer778544

lancer778544 isnt really an ultramodder...

No confirmed date as of yet, sometime this year.

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

4. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

This show has not done anything for me whatsoever, I find the presenters very annoying, the show very staged, very superficial and just not interesting. But this is the BBC where flogging a dead horse is what comes naturally to it. So many of its programs have past there sell by date, great for the first couple of series but then meh.
    I would happily not receive any of the BBC channels preferring to pay a subscription if there was anything that I really wanted to watch however unlikely that might be.

rma likes this.
  5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This is on tonight.

6. Yaka

Yaka Well-Known Member

ohh forgot about this thx for the reminder

7. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees Nebuchadnezzar's fixit man.

So far past it's sell-by-date it's become ridiculous. Time for the BBC to find a completely new format, if they must keep delivering a motoring show.

8. WarrenJ

WarrenJ Well-Known Member

Okay, i've watched the entire second season and find that the chemistry between all three presenters just doesn't work, they don't look comfortable and several of the jokes throughout should have been delivered better.

I do like Chris Harris but feel like he's being forced to do something outside of his comfort zone and is being used as the whipping boy while Matt is a little better, however, I feel he is being told what to say due to his lack of driving history.

Stepping away from the lack of chemisty between the presenters, i dislike the "star in a resonably fast car" section and feel it drags on a little and the Celebrity stays on far too long. I think this section would be better suited to having one presenter asking questions much like the old format.

Ohh yeah, and Eddit Jordon annoys me immensely. He may be a nice bloke in real life but the way he is used in the programs is incredibly annoying.

I hope they come back and continue to get more relaxed and gel a bit better over the next few episodes and they continue to evolve the format.

9. Yaka

Yaka Well-Known Member

old tg think the trio had more control over what they did. matt i think is the better of the three and not sure why harris is being used as the whipping boy as he is an out and out car nut. its obviosly all the punchlines and jokes belong s to some else they should be let free much like sabine is when ever she is on

Guest-16 likes this.
  10. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Watch 10 minutes and decided that it was not for me. Those three do not gel together at all and not one appeals to me, the program is stale and just seems more of the same.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This. Harris just looks desperately uncomfortable and only when MLB breaks out of the scripted delivery it's better. I struggled to finish watching the ep and versus the Jaaaaags GT episode it paled. Maybe it was the editing or filming quality, I don't know.

12. Yaka

Yaka Well-Known Member

editing its pretty good. i gess the whole pointless faff abot the centopath scene prolly has everyone behaving in the correct manner according to the beeb pr team

13. Yaka

Yaka Well-Known Member

just finished watchig ep2, aside from the mclaren intro pointless but a better ep

14. bionicgeekgrrl

bionicgeekgrrl Member

Actually enjoyed both rpiepepi to the new series. Amusing to some degree. Could be better.

For some reason I've never quite gotten to like TGT, it feels too tired and stale for me now.

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Feels like two episodes, two McLaren adverts. HOWEVER it is Chris Harris' natural habitat and despite being Macca-heavy it was at least worth watching. The whole big foot thing was just annoying.. the chemistry just isn't there and CH looks like he's really not into it when he's outside a vehicle and it feels like it's trying to replace US Top Gear at the same time. I hate the fact he disliked the F650 for no reason other than 'it's big' - at least the GT team puts some effort into reasoning, like actual journalists. The Russian tank-thing, the EV bikes and the flying car were awesome though. In all, a mixed bag.

16. sandys

sandys Well-Known Member

Extra Gear is still worth watching too, they don't seem to push it, I forgot it was there until a friend mentioned it.

I enjoyed the episode generally, the presenters are getting better together, rory is less annoying on Extra Gear when he is not trying to compete with the others.

17. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Rory does mention Extra Gear during the end credits. But by then, just about everybody has already changed channel...

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ep3 was much much better. It's just a shame TG has done Japan before. There's so many other E-Asian countries with weird car culture, although I do thank Rory for explaining K-cars. I had no idea they were so regulated into that shape and design.

They just need to keep it a car show to keep CH's excitement really genuine, otherwise he tries to put it on and it doesn't work.

19. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Well-Known Member

K-cars are wonderful little things, theres a youtube car channel i watch from Aus and one of they guys on that loves K-cars so they have done some bonkers things with them.

really enjoyed this weeks episode, loved the entire Japan film, really enjoyed Rory's piece seeing the different things different sets of people do was really nice to see.

20. oasked

oasked Stuck in the Mud

The latest episode was better with Matt at NASA and Harris and Matt in the 2CV. Much better chemistry. Having both Dara O'Brien and Ed Byrne together worked much better as previous interviews didn't work at all - looks like they stole the format from the Grand Tour!

Poor Rory being left out of all of the main films! (but at least they referenced that with the joke about the producer's birthday card at the beginning of the show)