1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows BBC Top Gear

Discussion in 'General' started by samkiller42, 13 Dec 2010.

1. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

SIARPC this week was a complete waste of space, one of the very worst that have ever been on. The snowbine I thought was a brilliant idea although I'm not sure a flamethrower (however awesome) would work so well.

2. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Watch it on iplayer, just skip the SIARPC.

3. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I have to concur with the sentiments that it's just become really forumulaic; I remember a few years back when I'd look forward to watching it because it seemed to engage more with the viewers: the cool wall segment would involve the audience for a lot of it, and they did the 'best driving song ever' and the TG Awards etc...it now just seems to be the same recycled humour each week and almost no variety.

4. Pieface

Pieface Modder

From 3:35

5. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Did no-one else realise the absolutely stupidity of mounting a flame thrower onto a snowplow? What would be the worst thing to have on a road... Sheet ice... What would a flamethrower do? Melt snow, which then becomes... sheet ice :wallbash:

6. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Yeah, but it looked cool.

Tbh I didn't really enjoy that episode. The snowplough was a great idea for maybe half the show? Not 2/3s or 3/4 of it. I watched SIARPC, and while she was a very pretty girly with awesome booooobies, I had my own pretty girly with awesome booooobies sat next to me (I don't really like SIARPC unless I actually like the people on it (Patrick Stewart, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost and a few others)). And the Audi v. BMW shoot out? Whilst I like both cars, what's the point in having them? They're both crap, get something else in there that people will actually want! Or at least have a Supercar in there!

I think I'll go make my own TG on GT5 >.<

7. Malvolio

Malvolio .

I'm sure there have been a couple people on that required auto's as they didn't know how to drive manual. One has already been pointed out, I don't specifically remember any others (if indeed my memory is correct that there was more than one), so I don't really see the big deal. Simply means she has a worse time posted to the board for it. Wooptido?

If memory serves they've two beeb-owned vehicles for the spot, and if an auto is required they borrow the same make/model (but with a different tranny) just as they borrow a car for any other bit on the show.

Honestly it just seems like people are complaining about the show because it's more of the same that it's always been: over the top offensive humour. When you boil it down it's not really a car show, it's more of a really good, hour-long stand up comedy bit with expensive props and three men sharing the microphone. If it's a car show you're after, go watch something else (like Fifth Gear), but I'll stick to my slap-stick, thank you very much!

Though I couldn't agree more that SIARPC could well be dumped without any real detriment to the show, despite one or two highlights of past. While re-watching an episode I skip past that part of the show.

8. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Argggh, after the Mexican thing, the best way Jeremy can introduce this hot-body-nobody is "She's bisexual"? (Credit to her for driving nice cars, etc., but to be interviewed it also helps if you are a somebody.) In addition to this, the best humour to accompany a home-made snowbine-harvester is more unfunny jokes about James being gay?

C'mon, this should be a lot better than it is...

9. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I didn't notice the gay/non-gay jokes. Perhaps I should drink more Bovril.

10. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Last Episode is on NOW!!!!

Sam

11. wst

wst Minimodder

Darn near wet meself when the F40 pulled out to overtake the 959 at the start of Hammond's segment.

Meanwhile, the SIARPC this week is funny because of the booing.

Eidt: He drove the auto as well. My bad, never noticed it before, that's all.

Last edited: 27 Feb 2011
  12. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Did anyone else think the F40 and 959 were far too close on the final shot? They were about a foot apart - easily could have hit each other.

I quite enjoyed this week's epsiode, although I thought the moon buggy thing was a bit pointless as they're never going to use it - still it was nice to see James back in documentary mode. :)

13. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

The info button came up as this being 6 of 7 so i'm guessing there is something next week. At least I hope there is because in the pre season trailer there was a clip of Hamster crashing a big ass red thing through a wall in what looked like some middle easten town and i've not seen this on any shows yet.

14. Omega Point

Omega Point Minimodder

Next weeks is a compilation :sigh:

Maybe the BBC decided not to show that bit.

15. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Also, Episode 1 was technically the Christmas Special (Middle East Special)

Sam

16. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

ME WANTS THIS BBC.

17. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

It's down as being a Special here

That's what I meant a few posts ago.

18. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I thought so, I just wasn't sure If my mind had made it up or not.

I wonder if it was shot in a country which has recently been having some political upheaval (based on the scenery we saw in the 1st episode trailer) so its been pulled.

:waah:

19. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

It's happened before that footage seen in the trailers/mashups was something that got binned. Shame. :(

20. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Keep in mind that when they compile the teaser clips they're from shows for the entire year (two "seasons" - start of the year and middle of the year), so unfortunately we may be waiting a few months for that Marauder bit. Looks well exciting though.