1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows BBC Top Gear

Discussion in 'General' started by samkiller42, 13 Dec 2010.

1. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Technically the Christmas Special was last year.

2. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Jag XJ - Marmite looks (I have to say, I'm starting to warm to it now, just like I did with the XF), but that engine note... I can haz supercharged V8?

Loved it when he booted it round the roundabout and got the back end out. ;)

I'm with Hamster though. The Mog needs to be in the sub zero section:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I'm with jezza on this... While I quite like the sentiment of celebrating with a remake of their first car it's just not cool.

Something tells me that GOO is a little obsessed with the old school. :p

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Front end? AWESOME SAUCE.

Rear end? eew. Bathtub-esq.

If the bottom half of the back end were to cut back up towards the top half (where that big seam is) and met at a point it would look oh so much better.

Otherwise it just looks like an 80's floor length skirt. Show some leg dammit.

5. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

I've been slowly disliking clarkson more and more (mainly because I listen to radio 4 more and more and virtually every presenter on there will ridicule him for various reasons), and last night confirmed my opinion on what a low life he is, he couldn't even take a reasoned argument to prescott, which to be fair, wouldn't be hard, and would have a far greater effect than his 3 year old-esque retorts....

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

You mean like the "Blackjack Avion" 2CV-based kit car below.
    http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Blackjack_Avion-rear.jpg

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

8. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

The cool wall segment was the best bit, siarpc was crap. F40 vs 959 was watchable. The challenge was alright but not even half as good as any others. The moon buggy segment was interesting. The news was rubbish. Surely they could've got the cars fixed or got a lap in with another car - maybe even the moon buggy II? I found this weeks episode sorely lacking tbh.

9. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Moon Buggy 2 was in the US of A, would be hard to travel those 4 tonnes back and forth.

10. Kaiwan

Kaiwan Shinigami

I thought it was a really good episode for a change. Would have loved to see the classics do a lap but it's no surprise the owners don't want them to do it.

The jag segment was much better than previous iterations and the SIARPC was actually about motoring!

11. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I enjoyed the Jag' segment, although partially due to the fact that I've got fanboy-esque desire for them; I kinda felt like the only person who liked the looks of the XF as it was and really couldn't stand that Italian alternative concept they showed, but then I've always thought TG decided if something looked good by just flipping a coin then calling it 'hideous' or 'absolutely gorgeous'.

It was nice to see the Cool Wall back though, even if it was a bit half-hearted. Having Prezza on SIARPC was half amusing, half unnecessarily harsh; but then I would say that ;).

12. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Season 15 ended with the pre-Christmas special in the USA, Season 16 started with the Christmas Special which was the Middle East.

The proof is in the pudding:
    Final Gear
    Top Gear

Season 17 isn't now due till i think June.

Sam

13. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Urgh, the F40 and the 959 looked gorgeous. I think the reason we all love the F40 is it's arguable the ultimate analogue supercar - IIRC, no traction control, no ABS etc - which now that TVR is deceased is an extinct breed. By contrast the 959 was smart, but any 997 Turbo eclipses most of it's abilities now, both mechanical and electrical.

Was Prescott good? I skipped it as I was running out of time, but I would've thought he at least might make an interesting interview candidate.

14. carpetmonster

carpetmonster What's a Dremel?

What confuses me is how he has changed from this softly spoken toff to a loudmouthed bigot. Watch any early Top Gear episode with him in it and he is softly spoken and reserved. Somewhere along the line he was told to be rude and loud and he went from there.

15. samkiller42

Top Gear (The Best Off) is about to start.

Sam

16. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I don't see how they can do a "best of" show when the series was only 6 episodes long and we can all remember every part of them.

17. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't last nights "best of" simply a re-run of an entire episode?

18. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

Thats what i though! i wonder what actually happned to the real episode

19. samkiller42

No, Last night was the Albanian Road Trip (Episode 3) SIARPC was John Bishop (Episode 1) and the other part was the Skoda Yeti (Episode 1)
    It was pretty poor though, Their Best of episodes are generally pretty good in comparison.

Sam

20. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder