1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows BBC Top Gear

Discussion in 'General' started by samkiller42, 13 Dec 2010.

1. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Extra Gear was awful, shame with the main show stepping up to the mark this week.

2. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Better 2nd ep, button would probably make a good presenter on TG. But evans screaming etc does my nut in.

3. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

Rumours abound that Evans will be ditched for the next series to be replaced directly by Le Blanc :thumb:

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Evans again killed it for me, such an odious man.

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Yet in the paper yesterday Evans said new show was a 'ratings success.' And puts it up there with Zippy, Bungle and George which is how he refers to Clarkson,Hammond and May's last series.

7. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

That will be great. My kids ones 5 and ones 8 both do not like evans one bit either.
    When they annouced le blanc i honestly thought hed be as crap as top gear usa presenters.

The dodge v chevvie duel at topgun place would have been better with either jordan or blanc in with schmidt

8. rollo

rollo Modder

BBC needs a ratings winner to justify top gear existance. With the football on during 5 of its 6 episodes seems like really poor decision making from the bbc

9. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Well I finally watched EP2 and I thought it was pretty good!

The film in SA was pretty epic (even though they didn't talk about the cars at all) and it was good seeing Jenson take Chris around the track.

I just think the press are out to sell newspapers and cause controversy by slagging off the show at every turn. Give it some time and it'll improve (and hopefully Chris will be less shouty).

In the mean time it would be good to see Chris Harris and Rory Reid in the main show...

I've also signed up to Amazon Prime so I'm looking forward to The Grand Tour in the Autumn.

10. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

ep2 was crap. to much talking on the sofa about pointless rubbish, and only 2 car sections over the entire hour and the 4x4 section was boring. The Mclaren part was decent, but was only on for a few minutes.

11. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Considerably better than their first outing, Evans is still too forced though.

12. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Good article here about how dreadful Clarkson's early episodes were, and how it takes anybody some time to relax, stop impersonating themselves and pull off a presenter job successfully.

13. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

well the 2nd episode was better than the first for me, although only 2 proper car segments was a bit rubbish and the siarprcc was a bit of an odd one this year.

I will say the bit with Jensen in the Maclaren had me laughing more than anything else evans said in the rest of the episode.

Also the extra gear show was really enjoyable more so than the main show. Can i have an hour of that instead please.

14. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

This is exactly why I said I'll give it a few episodes before making casting judgement. Unfortunately, it won't stop the knee-jerkers whining about it.

15. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Well, that (EP3) was great. Good movies, bit more car reviews than normal and good to see Chris Harris and Rory Reid in the main show (both in their own very solid films). The SIARPC was also good.

I think it worked better because it had less of Chris Evans in it. Interesting to see that Matt LeBlanc did most of the intros and links in the studio (which works better!).

16. rollo

rollo Modder

For me it was a slow episode, still too much studio time dedicated to crap nobody cares about.

17. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Haven't watched it yet but I love Matt Leblanc, and frankly I really want him to become the heart of the show. He's just a lovely guy, a very funny actor and an enjoyable personality. Saw him on Graham Norton in the run-up to E1's release and he was completely adorable.

18. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Sums up the football coverage too tbh...

19. rollo

rollo Modder

I'm trying to avoid that lol

20. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Seems like they could still be in the 'testing' phase. They could be phasing out Chris Evans, making Matt LeBlanc the main presenter (which I think would be better, Matt LeBlanc is a cult icon and a massive car guy).