1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BBC Weather (TV)

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 16 May 2005.

1. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

the same again below average as it is now.
    (e.g. avg: 3'; now 0'; 2mw: -3')

2. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

Are you honestly saying that this is better than that guy in the 'this morning' lake/dock thing who used to run about a floating UK telling you about the weather? C'mon you even got streakers with that! :p :hehe:

3. logan

logan flashback!

Now that was true 3D weather! with little buildings and everything :rock:

and trevor (or simon?) jumping in the lake...

4. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

To me, that just looks like BBC have only just caught up to what Sky were doing 5+ years ago tbh!

I mostly only keep an eye on whether it's going to rain or not (we've had about 10+ years of below-average rainfall here though ie "drought") so this is way l33t: http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR023.shtml

There's nothing to see unless it's going to rain, but if it is, it updates every 10 minutes, and you can track it across town and do your own forecast on when it's going to turn up. You can also see if it is to be just a sprinkle, or if it's going to be a flood etc

5. specofdust

specofdust Banned

The SNP have complained about it if I'm not mistaken, which I can't blame them for doing. You basically can't see scotland on it, which is unfair on us up north. They really should make it so you can actually see what the weathers going to be like in your country :(

6. bort

bort What's a Dremel?

The weather forcasters here do a terrible job. In the states they would tell you within +/- 3 degrees (F) what the temp would be and the forcasts were VERY accurate

here.. there are a few more things to deal with (ocean currents, the north sea, trade winds that blow directly across the country) but I've found that they normally dont have a clue whats going on... they might as well say "the weather is going to be england today, bring a rain coat, sunscreen, and a heavy parka because we dont have a clue!"

7. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

I hate that stupid angle they use on weather reports these days, totally unfair on Scotland, and just confusing for younger kids.
    The most stupid thing is when most of the country is covered in cloud and they don't show the outline of the country (which they've been doing for ages in the US, though that's usually an outline for the state).