1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News BDXL promises 128GB Blu-ray discs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 Apr 2010.

1. Xir

Xir Minimodder

The 50GB empty disk is >10euros...the 25GB at about 5 € but a writer is still 170euros.

If they want to replace DVD's in the long run, the prices for hardware has to come down first.

Correct, and who uses dual layer writable DVD's? Due to their price, next to noone...

2. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

stop flameing

no one as a lot of the time they do not work in the past with every ones drive had issues with dual layer disks and had limited Writeing speeds, (some PC games and all Xbox 360 games are dual layer)

BR disks are bit diferant as most moives are dual layer, so burnt DL BR disks should work in most if not all players, do remeber that DVD-RW drives used to cost £200 them selfs when for some time, most would likely only use single layer disks any way

3. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Even if you spend around £160 on the very latest Blu-Ray Burners that write at x12 (Which is only possible at the outer area of the disc with it slowing down as you get nearer the center of the disc, much like you do with HDDs) You get a maximum write speed of what? Around 50MBps (400Mbps). So at maximum speed, across the disc (which isn't possible) it would take in excess of 35mins to burn 100GB of data. But in the real world this must be more like an excess of 2hrs.

Give me a portable external HDD any day.

4. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Very cool but like a lot of people have said I'd rather have an external hard drive

5. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark What's a Dremel?

Now 4k resolution movies in a lossless video codec, please.

Tags: Add Tags