1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 5 Aug 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Is the wireless charging pad rubberized, or is it just the same material as the rest of the case?

3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

When we're next in the office we'll check for you - it's not aluminium like the rest of the exterior - pretty sure it was either plastic or rubber.

4. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

I would but a Be Quiet! case, but they say Be Quiet! on them, and that's just stupid.

5. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I know I'm reviving an old thread but thought I would mention something that wasn't in the review. I liked the look of this case and after reading this (andother reviews) decided to give it a go.

I built a system with a 360 rad in the roof which I populated with some Corsair Air series fans. The problem I encounted was that the fan cables didn't reach the built in fan hub. I tried removing the fan hub from where it was affixed, but to get all the fans connected (including the system fans) meant stretching cables. It didn't look good as the fan hub was floating around.
    I was surprised to see that they didn't supply any cable extensions with the case - for this cost it was disappointing. Rather than have to order in some cables I ended up using a 2nd fan controller I had from another build.

I thought I would mention this in case anyone else is thinking of buying this case. It's not major issue, but it needs to be considered if you are using extra fans.
    This issue also exists if you affix fans to the floor of the case.

The case itself is great (the glass looks amazing) and being able to move the motherboard up and down was fantastic as I was able to fit a 60mm thick rad in the roof.

Tags: Add Tags