Hello all, This little project will be my return to the modding world. It will be a SFF build made of aluminium. I’ve been planning this build for a little while. It will be a birthday gift for my twin sister, whose nickname is “Bean”, hence the name of the PC. It needs to be completed before late July, so hold on to your hats! It won’t be anything fancy, but will contain a few goodies such as Arduino based RGB lighting (potentiometer control of each colour, and with homemade PCB to boot!), a little bit of acrylic, and some cutout work on the front and (maybe) side panels using needle files. Fairly intricate work for me, but I’m confident it can be done. Lets begin! I started out with a few different sizes of aluminium sheet. Here we have 1.5mm, 3mm and 5mm. The 5mm will be the base/bottom, 3mm for the motherboard plate and upright strength for the pc, and 1.5mm for the front/back and side panels. I didn’t want a regular sharp looking case so I decided to try my hand at bending sheet. I don’t have a bending brake, so this was my setup. That shiny tube is a 25mm diameter steel tube screwed to the side of a pallet, flush with the top. I then lay my aluminium sheet on top of it and overhanging the edge. After clamping down the sheet between that piece of wood and the pallet, I then used another piece of wood to bend the aluminium around the pipe. It worked beautifully and wasn’t difficult at all, though that may be because the aluminium is only 1.5mm thick. I also roughly cut out the 5mm base plate and 3mm motherboard plate and dry fitted them all together to see how it would look. I received my used laser printer today and immediately printed out my pcb design on those yellow pcb transfer sheets from ebay and transferred it to my copper clad board. I was so eager to see the results that I didn’t even cut the pcb to size. I just broke off a suitably sized piece and etched it with Ferric Chloride. Worked like a charm, although there were a few nicks in some of the traces where the transfer didn’t take. I’ll cut a new piece tomorrow and redo it. I’m waiting for some liquid tin powder stuff from ebay to tin all the traces and some drill bits for the holes. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow. That’s all for now!