1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Beat me if you dare" rule change!!!

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by GIGABYTE, 9 Oct 2009.

1. GIGABYTE

GIGABYTE What's a Dremel?

Hello folks,

Welcome to join GIGABYTE graphics card OC competition.
    Kindly inform you competition rule has a slight change.

<IMPORTANT - Rule change!>

According to the information from branch office and media all over the world, there is a graphics manufacture supporting overclockers with special graphics cards which could not be purchased in the market to attend this competition, in order to beat GIGABYTE.

In order to maintain the fairness of this OC event for all attendees, GIGABYTE announces a new rule as below: < Qualifications: Contestants must use GIGABYTE graphics cards with appointed chip set.>

For more information, please visit Event Website:
    http://event.gigabyte.com.tw/BeatMeIfYouDare/

and Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/GIGABYTE-VGA/138376338834?ref=nf

Best,
    GIGABYTE

2. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Lol! Well there will officially be knowone entering this comp anymore will there. I have to admit this really is one of the most poorly thought out comps I have ever seen! Asus (a competitor) hosted a competition a couple of months back and it was a HUGE success! Why?? Because someone actually sat down and thought about it!

If you want people to use a gigabyte gtx260 or a gigabyte gtx275 (for next months) then your going to have to lower your prices to make buying a gigabyte card worthwhile when you can get better cards for cheaper! There are an awful lot of gtx260 owners who are probably willing to have a go with this comp however limiting the comp to a gtx260 by gigabyte has well and truly messed things up! Looking over the people who have entered, I dont think there are ANY that have used a gigabyte card so if I was to go out and buy one I would win top prize! I would win because I would be the only person who has entered with the card!
    You have mentioned entering to a fellow forum member (wuyan) as he has a gtx260 by BFG. However he now cant because of this ridiculous rule!

I think this rule should be removed. Having those with a gtx260 enter only is one thing but limiting people to gigabyte? Dream on.

Andy

3. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Its a stupid rule and a stupid competition.