1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other bedroom and furniture advice?

Discussion in 'General' started by Bboy_Jon, 12 Feb 2009.

1. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon New Member

I think I need to get a new coffee table and than something for under my tv. It just looks too empty. I am looking for something with drawer (hide some crap thats on my desk and other things) and then a coffee table with drawers as well (for remotes, game controllers and what not). I am really fond of the stands in the last few of pictures I posted. Also, what should I do with my guitars? I have 3, but might be buying a bass sometime soon... should I wall mount another one, or two...where? I know there is room for one near my dresser/chest. Anyone know of some local places with some decent furniture? I dont want to spend too much...maybe $200 for the coffee table and another $200 for the "under tv stand" (what would you call a "under tv stand" anyway?)

I was looking at this

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7942253

but I really dont like the x's and I think drawers would be better for me. Should I even bother with an "under tv stand" and just get a coffee table?

Anyways, Here is my room

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any ideas about my guitars? I have 3 (strat, les paul and an acoustic) but I am thinking about getting an acoustic bass...but the problem is, I already dont barely have room for what I currently have... Do you guys think I should mount the les paul somewhere?

Also, I need something for storage...and something to put under the tv...it just looks so **** bare and empty

I really want something like this (the stand with the drawers?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone recognize the pieces or know of something similar?

Thanks

2. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

get a guitar rack, thats what i do in my bedroom as i have little or no floorspace. you can also move your combo somewhere less intrusive, or at least put you fx board ontop of it to save a little room. you might be better off getting a wall unit from ikea as storage for everything.

3. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

4. lex90

lex90 Member

dude.. which pokemon you sportin?

5. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon New Member

pikachu...I have a mudkip in my car waiting to be placed on my desk lol. What kind of guitar rack?

I found these. I can dig

http://www.coffeetablesgalore.com/coffee-tables/rectangle/nexeraeclipsecoffeetableinespresso.cfm

http://www.coffeetablesgalore.com/coffee-tables/rectangle/nexeraliverpoolcoffeetableinespresso.cfm

http://www.allcoffeetables.com/Linon-84027BLK-01-KD-U-LQ1271.html

the only problem is that my current coffee table is about 32" in length, which is actually perfect for the size of my room. The ones I linked are 47"! which will mean the table wont be centered with my couch or I wont be able to move my computer chair backwards or spin...

I ended up spending an entire paycheck today so I probably wont be buying the table...Is there anyway to add a drawer to my current table? thats really all I want...

something like this type of drawer?

[​IMG]

or even just a simple one. How would I do it?

Do they sell drawer pieces at places like home depot/lowes/ace hardware?

6. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Is your lounge in a basement? It looks very dark!

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

The last picture looks like something I saw in an Ikea catlogue

8. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon New Member

I checked Ikea.com and I really couldnt find anything I really liked :/

yeah its in the basement. In the pics with the lights off and cars on the tv...its extremely dark I dont know why...Its really not pitch black in there. With the tv on I can see atleast the speakers