1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beginners first project - 9/15/05 UPDATE

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by dzikson, 25 Aug 2005.

1. dzikson

dzikson What's a Dremel?

bump for question

2. fyes

fyes What's a Dremel?

Here's a thread that addresses it:

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=36228

3. dzikson

dzikson What's a Dremel?

Thanks a bunch.

Another question. I just tried a leak test and my chipset block leaks like a faucet :duh: :wallbash:. Not from the fitting anywhere but what it seems from the area where the turning bracket is. That bracket should turn btw right? One on GPU block turns as well but CPU one is solid in place. What do I do now? Just send them back to PolarFlo or I can try to fix it myself somehow? How do I take it apart?

Also :blush: whats the best way to purge the system dry? I know I'm a n00b :duh:

4. dzikson

dzikson What's a Dremel?

OK, I replaced the block and now after 36hrs of testing nothing leaks.

Can someone tell me if it's OK/normal that the holes in chipset's bracket are set a bit wider than on my mobo. I think I can install it but the screwes will be bit at an angle, like this \ / with the block being up top and chip on the bottom. WHat should I do? Install it this way to try to get the bracket drilled so the are perfectly straight? I'm not really looking forward towards drilling the bracket :miffed:

5. fyes

fyes What's a Dremel?

Heheh, rolling your own is fun, huh? :D

I'd try to get them straight as possible. Had the same problem when I just recently switched from an Asus to MSI mobo -- chipset holes weren't the same. I made some quick mods to my chipset block so that the mounting pins would be as straight as I could get them. (pics in my work log comming soon).

Cheers.

6. dzikson

dzikson What's a Dremel?

damn I dont have anything to try to widen the holes :(. stationary drill might work but I dont have one. that bracket looks very sturdy and its pretty thick.

7. r00t69

r00t69 What's a Dremel?

Great paint job, well done on your first project.