1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Behringer Speaker box pc conversion

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ApheX-E, 21 Jul 2015.

1. ApheX-E

ApheX-E What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

While i'm waiting for more parts for the HoBo laptop build, I managed to build a PC into my old Behringer Speaker box. My bass guitar was damaged and had to be thrown out but i wanted to put this speaker to good use. I have some random parts lying around the house to build another computer so I quickly put this together.

Unfortunately i don't have any pictures of the construction process as it was build on the fly, but i thought i'd show you all whats been done so far.

I need to install some red led's around the front fan, add some extra usb ports to the top panel and clean up the back place a bit more but for now it's fully working. This was a fun little project to build, especially creating the red metal top plate to hold the PSU inplace, plus the spare 200mm fan fitted into the front of the unit perfectly.

What do you think? What improvements would you recommend?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. storm-83

storm-83 Minimodder

looks very sleek

my recommendation would be to make a cutout for a 120 / the biggest cooler you can fit on the backside wether or not you go aio water

3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

That's a damn cool idea. I'm sure I've got a spare dead speaker or two in the garage...I might have to have a go myself ;)

I don't think it needs anything else apart from the USB ports - and maybe a fan controller, one where the dials go up to 11? :D

4. ApheX-E

ApheX-E What's a Dremel?

Thanks Storm,

I'm gonna keep the 200mm fan at the front as the main intake, but i will be adding a 120mm fan at the back where the hole currently is on the back panel. If i do add an aio cooler later, i'll place it there.

Thank you Fibblebot.

You should defiantly give it a go. The box size is perfect for M-atx or Itx builds, plus these boxes are very sturdy and are very thick, so noise is not an issue. I can barely here the unit when it's powered up.

Haha! Great Spinal Tap quote! I still have the original volume nobs so i could use them for the fan controller :rock:

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Lovely conversion, but I've been here twice and I can't get past the part where you threw out a bass guitar, broken or not.
    -It had better been a cheap bass.:lol:

6. ApheX-E

ApheX-E What's a Dremel?

It was a very sad moment. I've had that bass and this speaker box since i was 16 years old, but it was totally destroyed, as in no chance or repair. The neck was snapped and the frame had been split :(

It was very cheap when i got it, £150 i think, but this was 14 years ago so i'm not exactly sure...

No point keeping it if it's going to take up what limit place i have. At least I've been able to do something useful with the speaker i suppose.